Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Correct settings on Buderus 142/45

I¡¦ve recently installed a Buderus GB142/45 in my home, and wanted some feedback on the best settings to get the best performance out of this boiler. Some background info, the boiler previously was about 100 years old, and was very inefficient, working on a gravity fed system. However, the pipes in the basement were insulated, albeit with asbestos. I¡¦ve moved those pipes up into the jousts, and they are now pex vs. the old galvanized steel, but I¡¦ve yet to insulate them. My home is just over 100 years old and lacks proper insulation, which I¡¦m working on to rectify, so bottom line, I have several pex pipes both for the closed heating system and for the potable water in the basement that are currently not wrapped so they loose heat and this will be taken care of when I can come up with the next funding (i.e. my house gains more in equity ƒº so I can borrow more).
Question is, since I live in Seattle and it normally stays between 36 and 48 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter, with the occasional drop to the low to mid twenties such as tonight, what should I put the GB142 at temperature wise? My natural gas bill hasn¡¦t dropped that significantly from when my old boiler was in place, and I just spent a lot of money on this new GB142. I want to get the most and best use out of my system until I can do a proper insulation job!
Thanks in advance for the feedback!
This discussion has been closed.