Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Amtrol

This information, as attached, was received this past week. As our rep says, this is all positive. Ken

Comments

• Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Amtrol

What is the situation of Amtrol? I have read about their bankruptcy filing and subsequent plan to emerge from it.One is hesitant to use their products if they are going to fade away !

Any updates concerning this quality supplier to the plumbing and hydronic industry ?

MP1969
  • Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    Manufacturers take note

I hope this is a wake up to all of us. I don't know what plagued Amtrol business wise. I do know that they failed on many occasions to back up the product they sold me. I and many others stopped using their tanks long ago. You have to take care of those that butter your bread. You are never too big to fall. I can't help but wonder who will be next in this world of "Sorry we are having problems and you are stuck with our failed junk." Often that is after the-"You are the only person that is having this problem" answer is proven wrong.The installing contractor seems to often to be the fall guy.IMHO
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    I have no problems with any of the products.

everyone here seems to remember the first Extrol tank they installed....

the new products like the double coil i havent even had a chance to install... i have faith that they will make it through this phase of business this century.

well trol is pretty much a standard with Gould pumps...for shallow well owners here .the well control thing they came out with a few years ago works like a champ. my driller buddies would be real depressed :)if all those tanks that they have installed and continue to install suddenly vanished from the scene.. Triangle tube even chirps the Domestic water St -5 and St-12 's up :)

My take on it is 'Today is cloudy. buh at least it is another day!'.
  • its them shooting their own foot

I used to installed amtrol products and what turned me away from them is they use black 90 els on bottom of their tanks and painted them so they think we won't noticed them til customers called with flooded basement... They won't cover the warrenty, extrol tanks keep crapping out, my supplier keep tellin my to use water heater tank instead of extrol due to diferent mention of manufacting of tank and bladder..... The engineering dept were excellent... Its their manufactering, using cheap products, stockbrokers's desicon, fail to honor their own warranty did them in... Someone from the wall called them " Scamtrol" which is so true...
This discussion has been closed.