Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Adding a Towel warmer/radaitor to a boiler

Options
ALH_4
ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
Generally, I tend to think towel warmers are too small to be an individual load, particularly in the summer. Most towel warmers also have an option for an electric element. It makes life a lot simpler, saves equipment, and boiler efficiency to use electricity for the towel warmer.

What installation method are you using for the radiant floors?

Comments

• Quin
    Quin Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Adding a Towel warmer/radiator to a boiler

I am planning on a munchkin propane boiler for my new home. Using it for DHW in a storage tank, and lower temp radiant heat for my floors. Can I also put a 140 degree loop for the towel warmer / radiator for my upstair bathroom? And how would that work?
    thanks
    Quin
  • Brandon_4
    Brandon_4 Member Posts: 17
    Options

Try and use a control station. Visit www.hpscontrols.com. They can do all of that for you in a box.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I agree with Andrew, go electric...

otherwise, you will shortcycle the boiler like a Banshee.

I recently gave up the sale of 2 nice towel racks to a GC on a 20K square foot home for the same reason. It just didn't make sense.

I'd rather lose the revenue than gain a problem further down the road.

ME
  • Chris_82
    Chris_82 Member Posts: 321
    Options

Just parallel any exsisting loop through the warmer...Runtal makes the best warmers, solid, powdercoated, and they retain heat for a long time. I can not recommend as previously stated, running a sepeerate loop for just the towel warmers. Allthough if you really want to make a killer towel warmer setup just make a seperate zone with a 40 gal indirect storage tank, with the aquastat set to 130, and the circulator with a seperate t stat in the bath set to (trial and error, or programmable) this way you can have warm towels year round.
  • Chris_82
    Chris_82 Member Posts: 321
    Options
    hum,...

And how is a pre-piped system going to solve a towel warmer on one zone issue? Or on a warm day? When the system is not heating anything? We use, in the past 40 gallon tanks because these customers money was not a concern, nor space an issue in a cavernous basment. But short cycling is an issue that pre-piped units wont solve. There are smaller tanks that mod/cons can use but whenyou hit about 20 gallons which is the smalles flash tank HTP makes, in this application, for one small warmer on a warm day, think return temps are monitered by the boiler it will shut off...
  • jp_2
    jp_2 Member Posts: 1,935
    Options
    how do you want it to work?

fall/winter? all year round? only in the morning?

do you really need a towel warmer?
This discussion has been closed.