Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I wish every customer was like this.........

I just wrapped up this job today. I was contacted by the home owner thru my website back in the summer about doing the plumbing and heating on his new 2200 square foot home on the beach. When we sat down and talked about heating options, his main concern was on how much he could save on his heating costs rather than how much it was going to cost to put a heating system in. Dont we all wish we could deal with customers like that. The house is up on a 9 foot foundation with break away panels due to it being in a hurricane surge zone leaving me only a 6x8 mechanical room on the main floor to pipe all this stuff in. 2 mixes for water temperatures.The Viessmann mixing valve regulates 7 zones on the first floor, controled with Taco SBV zone valves, and a Taco 008 with water temps from 96 to 103. The Taco I series 3 way mixing valve with out door reset regulates water temps from 119 to 127 on the 2 zones on the second floor with carpet operated by Taco SBV zone valves and a Taco 007.Domestic hot water is the Vito Cell 100. Its amazing that it was 16 degrees this morning and the water temp heating the house from the vito den was 112 degrees and it was comfortable. I have the curve on the Vitoden set to a .8 and I still may have to tweek it down because the owner thinks the house is to warm.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=424&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Brad White_168
    Brad White_168 Member Posts: 10
    Happy, Smart Homeowner

Clearly he wanted and got the best, Steve! Great "test weather" coming up to see what she can really do.

I would just love to have a 0.8 curve and complain that it is too warm.

Tell us more about the house, the heat loss and emitters if you would.
    What are the radiant panels? Thin-slab? Warm-Board? Light-weight concrete or gypcrete?
  • Steven Gronski
    Steven Gronski Member Posts: 98
    Joist Trak

> Clearly he wanted and got the best, Steve! Great

> "test weather" coming up to see what she can

> really do.

>

> I would just love to have a 0.8

> curve and complain that it is too warm.

>

> Tell

> us more about the house, the heat loss and

> emitters if you would. What are the radiant

> panels? Thin-slab? Warm-Board? Light-weight

> concrete or gypcrete?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Steven Gronski
    Steven Gronski Member Posts: 98
    Joist Trak

Hi Brad
    The entire house is done in Wirsbo 3/8th joist trak and tubing,The house is 2x6 construction with the closed cell spray foam insulation in the exterior walls and in the floor joist, R-38 value of spray foam underneath the 1st floor exposed to the elements, R-19 value spray foam under the second floor and R-45 in the attic envelope sprayed on and between the roof trusses itself, and not installed in the attic ceiling. The first floor is mostly tile except for the dining room and 1st floor master bed room which is 3/8 thick hardwood. Second floor is carpet with a rubber padding made by SCI that I had him purchase, made especially for Radiant floors.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Beautiful job...

I like how you bypassed the pump back to its own supply with the PAB. The whole installation is very neat, well supported, compact but easy to follow, and I imagine that the HO is enjoying his microzones in the place.

It goes to show just how much water these pumps can move, and how few pumps are necessary in a well-insulated house because less flow is needed. As neat as the 6-pump panel is in my house, Siggy's software and personal observation of the return temps (some zones only have 6-7°ΔT on a design day) suggests too much flow, even with the 15-58's on "Low". It's great to see a well-sized system. Plus, if ΔP pumps ever become popular, reliable, cost-effective, etc. this system is a prime candidate.

I also really like your use of full-port ball valves around pumps, "wet components" like the Exp. tank and neutralizer down low, etc. which will make servicing the unit a lot easier as well. Lastly, I find it interesting that the zones with floori coverings needed an extra mxing temperature... so Kudos for attention to detail, execution, and doing it all in a small space!
This discussion has been closed.