Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Daniel

Daniel_3
Daniel_3 Member Posts: 543
I'm wondering what the best or best of the best steam boiler is out there on the market. I know that the install makes a huge difference and each installer is comfortable with certain brands and the set-up gauges how long lasting and trouble free it will be but in all your humble opinion what steam boiler do you all feel is the best out there? To me it seems there are too many brands to choose from and I feel a little restricted if the brand is limited only to the feeling of the installer.

Comments

• Cunner_2
    Cunner_2 Member Posts: 47
    Fuel

Gas or Oil?
  • Daniel_3

Gas
  • Michael Welch
    Michael Welch Member Posts: 43
    Burnham

We tend to use the Burnham independance series boiler for gas instalations. We have been using them for a number of years now with no problems at all. A contractor will tend to use one product sometimes because the get very familiar with the near boiler piping layout for that model. Most of the mesurements we use with the Independance boilers are in my head since we have installed so many of them. But there are also other brands on the market and sometimes you have to choose the boiler based on the requirements for the house and the amount of radiation.
  • Will_5
    Will_5 Member Posts: 85
    Burnham

I'm with Mike below, I've been using the Independence boiler for years with no problems, more than likely because I have a good relationship with my wholesaler who carries Burnham. I also like the Independence because it also comes in a power vented model, many of the older homes with steam systems have chimney's which are old and in poor conditions, this saves on the cost and hassle of lining the chimney, something you may not have considered.

Just my 2 Cents

C
  • Daniel_3

To tell you the truth guys the Burnham Independance was one of the models I payed the closest amount of attention too. Good to hear it coming from the pros =)
  • Daniel_3

Did you get my email Mike?
  • Michael Welch
    Michael Welch Member Posts: 43

Dan my e-mail is m1ke1@hotmail.com where the I in mike is it is a number 1 just in case you made a mistake thanks.
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    If theMegaSteam....

had a gas power burner on it it would win hands down....already wins for oil....kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.