Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus GB142-45 Install Pics

Nice job your parents should be very happy.
Keep up the great work .We need more craftsmen like yourself in the trade.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=376&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Michael Welch
    Michael Welch Member Posts: 43
    Buderus GB-142-45 pictures

I am posing some pictures of a GB-142 install that I did for my parents replacing an almost 30 year old Weil-Mclain steam to forced hot water conversion boiler. The flue and fresh air intake was run up thru the existing chimney more for looks so as not to have to drill 2 holse thru the side of the house. All fittings on the system are Viega Pro-press. Electrical is done in sealtite more for looks than anything I just find it to be a cleaner look. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I always find that looking at other peoples work sometimes gives others a better idea for there next project. This has been installed now for 2 months and each month so far they have used about 50% less gas than with the old system.
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Nice job Michael!

Looks real good! and the savings speaks for its self. very nice!

David
  • Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405
    Clean lay out

Michael,

Clean, No LWCO ?

Thanks, Lund
  • The Boiler Dr.
    The Boiler Dr. Member Posts: 163
    Big Pics

It is difficult to get the true perspective when the picsare so large! I thought this anomollay was corrected.
    Nice install though -- from what I could make of it.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Michael Welch
    LWCO

The Low water cutoff was added after the pics were taken i did the job on a weekend and my supplier had accidently sent me a steam LWCO so it was left out till a later time.
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    automatic image resizing

Are you using Internet Explorer? If so there is a box to check in "Tools", "Internet Options". Click on the "Advanced" tab and check the box next to "Enable Automatic Image Resizing" in the multimedia section. This way, when the entire image has finished downloading, it resizes it to fit your screen.
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Very nice

Great looking install. Insulated box around the pipe manifold, AM10 module mounted on the wall, PVC pipes run nice and neat into the chimney - great job.
  • A.J.
    A.J. Member Posts: 257
    L.W.C.O.

Do you still need a Low Water cut off since the boiler will not fire below three psi ?
  • Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710

Great looking install Mike!

I like how you left some piping for further hydronic additions down the road.

Jamie

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710

The LWCO limit on the GB will only protect the boiler and the pump that comes with it.

If you want to protect all the pumps outside of the GB you would need a line voltage LWCO before the whole system!

• Michael Welch

> Great looking install. Insulated box around the

> pipe manifold, AM10 module mounted on the wall,

> PVC pipes run nice and neat into the chimney -

> great job.

Thanks Joe
  • Michael Welch

Thanks Joe for the compliments. It is still running awesome and it is so great not to see the gas meter spinning like a top with the old boiler.
  • Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405

Looks good Mike. Hoping to see your work in my home soon =) I just found out some foul news about those varivalves I have . . boo!
This discussion has been closed.