Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Water boiler reviews?

Ken_40
Ken_40 Member Posts: 1,320
Consumer's Reports for boilers. There is however the GAMA report. This docuent merely advises us of the efficiency and sizes available by every boiler made. The quality issues are absent.

We all have our own opinions, and I'll state mine: "The best bang for the buck I have seen after 30+ years in this biz is the Munchkin." Are there "better" boilers out there? You betcha. Are there worse? For sure.

Few will agree with my selection. But I am not a paid gun for anyone, and installed a lot of other brands as well. Inckuded in that mix are: Buderus, Viessmann, Weil McLain, Burnham, MPI-MZ/FCX, Aero, Cleaver Brooks, Smith, Teledyne, Utica, and a few I cannot recall at this monet.

One equally important caveat. The boiler equals 50% of the job. The installer, the other 50%.

The best boiler, coupled with a poor installer is the worst possible result. Conversely, the best installer can make a poorly built boiler sing and dance with the best of them.

At least for a while (;-o)

Comments

• Todd_20
    Todd_20 Member Posts: 1
    Water boiler reviews?

I'm looking for a site where I can compare/ask about the quality of different furnace companies' water boilers? Is there something like that out there? I am wanting to check the quality of a Dunkirk PWX-6V marketed under the Sears Kenmore name.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Boiler opinion

I vote for the Triangle tube prestige for best value mod con. So far I feel this boiler has very few problems and good value. Rest I agree with ken, bad install, will make any boiler a problem. jmho Tim.
  • John McArthur_2
    John McArthur_2 Member Posts: 157

My personal opinion is, it depends...

As stated previously, the installer makes a huge difference. Product support also makes a big difference. I have found that HTP, Buderus, and Burnham provide some of the top tech support. (JMHO) I also have had very good luck with Triangle Tube. All mechanical devices will have some problems. Consult with someone who knows the product and choose a product that is right for the application and install (have installed) properly and the problems will likely be minimal.

In my opinion, one boiler does not fit all applications. Sorry I could not help with your original question, I too would like an unbiased comparison source.
This discussion has been closed.