Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

glycol coolant recall aluminum boilers

I have been told the coolant (glycol) suppliers are taking this special coolant product, used for boilers having aluminum sections off the market. Apparently the glycol mix is not protecting the boiler sections, as advertised. Has anyone heard more specifics? Several manufactures utilize aluminum sections for their high efficiency boilers.

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Where did you get that info?

There are actually more aluminum glycols available now than ever before.

That being said, you get what you pay for. A TRUE aluminum, or multi metal glycol product needs to be designed from the start. Some manufactures are merely buffering the ph to the aluminum requirements without adding the extra components.

Nobel No-burst AL and the Rhomar products are the brands I know and trust. Yes they cost more, maybe a lot more, but thay have they have done their homework and understand the special needs of aluminum and alloys.

It is as important that you clean and flush the system first with an aluminumin friendly product.

Putting new glycol in a dirty or brand new system without a cleaning is a total waste of money. The fluxes, oils, etc will ruin the properties of the new glycol from day one.

It takes a bit of time, and money to do this right.

Personally I fell ALL systems regardless of the metal in the boiler HX need to be cleaned and treated.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.