Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

system resistance curves

To approximate for an <I>existing<I> system you MUST have a reasonably accurate design of the <I>entire</I> system. Only then can you begin to consider the effect of different flow rates.

Much easier to engineer than to reverse engineer...

Comments

• Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405
    system resistance curves

Does someone have info on what a typical system resistance curves look like for forced circulation?

What I'm trying to do is approximate where a circ would operate on another pump curve. For example if you know that a SuperBrute circ is operating at 6 GPM @ 10 ft head on MEDIUM on a given system, I'd like to approximate where the circ would operate on LOW or HIGH on the same system. I've been told you can't simply assume the 10 ft of head is constant as the amount of head generated varies with the pump strengh.
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    System Curves

The Grundfos HVAC Technical Guide goes through system curves on page 17. It takes a while to download unless you have broadband, but this booklet has a lot of valuable information.
  • bob_50
    bob_50 Member Posts: 306
    Or you could

go to B&G's site and use the on line system-sizer. If your 6gpm@10ft is accurate. Read the instructions for developing a system curve and develop one for your system. You can then plot the grundfos curves on it.
This discussion has been closed.