Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

On Demand Heater as Heat Source

On demand heaters work great for heat sources. I have been operating two test sites for over 4 months. I just now can disclose the results! We used one site with a "Takagi" and one with a "Rinnai"

Contact me for details, it is contractor friendly not box store junk!

Rich K.

Comments

• Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    On Demand Heater as Heat Source

Have been having trouble posting as I have quite a few details to share about this concept. For some reason my posts have not gone through!So I will shorten up the length to give you guys the details.

The unit that supplements the "on demand heaters is the "Heating Box" manufactered in Korea by Kyong Dong.This is a very large corporation with the recently acquired rights to produce this product.

The design was ten years in the making with a former employee of "Takagi" as the lead engineer.This unit has components from Japan,Korea,Germany,England and the US.

It takes the labor intensive part of trying to do this in the field and tucks it in a neat 20" WIDE X 30" TALL X 10" deep attractive,easy to service box.

So far I have had great luck with both units that I am testing. One unit I have alongside a "Takagi"and the other I have alongside a "Rinnai" unit. I only prefer the Rinnai unit over the Takagi for two reasons. One: the Rinnai people recognize the importance of having trained and certified installers and repairmen.They do not sell over the Internet, this would only happen as a second transaction by a party who purchased it the conventional way.

Two: Rinnai has great name recognition with Paul Harvey's well listened to segments.

Any consumers out there who may read this should understand that this is a very cost effective concept when installed and maintained properly! That is why good companies want highly skilled people to install and maintain complicated equipment!

It just so happens that this came up at the same time I am able to release a great deal of the test results and details.

As I post this I am setting up a third institutional site where we will use the "Heating Box"to provide the hot water needs for our parish center kitchen while using the hydronics in the primary secondary piping arrangement.

Have to go my bride of 25 years is getting impatient!

Will get back to any questions probaly tomorrow.

Rich K.
  • Garritt
    Garritt Member Posts: 27

See the thread "using instant water heaters being used for heating."
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Supplement to other thread!

This is a supplement to the other thread with far more up to date and accurate information!

Did you read the part about test sites and positive results??

This does work and will become popular! Due to many factors with cost-effectiveness being the biggest!

Stay tuned.

I have shown this concept in person to Dan while attending his seminar in Milwaukee in October.I have done a great deal of research and truly believe that this will be seen all over the country relatively soon!

Rich K.
  • Define....

Cost effectiveness.

Define efficiency. Does the heat source still short cycle like a Banshee? Is the basic thermal efficiency still the same, around 80%?

Is the space heating function isolated from the potable water function via a heat exchanger?

What is the net installed cost differential to the end user compared to a higher efficiency mod con with a good indirect?

What are the thermal efficiencies as it pertains to the production of DHW?

What issues haver you experienced to date?

What kind of maintenance issues (liming) do you anticipate for ongoing maintenance?

Curious minds want to know Rich. Not disputing mind you, becaue I used to live with a tankless heater. Just wondering all the details.

ME
This discussion has been closed.