Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Condensate Hot-Water Heating???

Richard D.
Richard D. Member Posts: 32
Hey Ken ,, sorry for the way I wrote it.I suck at writing :). A Lo bidder did the job! Screwed it up! I now have the account! trying to resolve the problem! Trying not to screw the customer again! I have the Toe heaters working but the 007 has a problem with the lift to the 2nd floor! I know the pump is not a lift device! I know I need to add Mono flo Ts to the system.. But I only want to do it once ! The RIGHT way so I FIX it , make a happy customer and keep the customer!All units on 2nd floor! SO Long story short is can you make this system work w/o being aa pressure system? or installing a side arm heater and make the B.B. a pressure system the only way to make it right! THANKS for the reply...Rich

Comments

• Richard D.
    Richard D. Member Posts: 32
    Condensate Hot-Water Heating???

Hello and THANKS in advance. OK Today I got STUCK with the Lo Bidders install of a Condensate Hot-Water add on..3 Toe heaters and 1 CI Rad. each on own ZONE VALVE! (good),1 T on supply,1 on return(still good) Now it goes south..ALL on 2nd floor! direct off the condensate water, so NOT a Pressure system! aprox. 43 ft away from the boiler 1 way! 3/4" pipe. THEN the Ts are just that T's.. NO Mono Flo T's at all..You know what happens.. AIR Bound in a few days! DUH! go figure lol. Also it was pipe w/ feed and return directly in line with each other.. Can we say warm water at a steam temp of 213?? lol.. Besides mono flo Ts (I know a Side arm heater is the way it should be!) What are my options w/o a side arm heater.. We are doing a Est. for a side arm. BUT you know some people! :) WHat is the higest lift for a syatem like this? 22nd flr, I think is to high! THANKYOU Rich PS yes I am a wind bag lol.
  • Ken_40
    Ken_40 Member Posts: 1,320
    Rich,

Your message is a tough read. In one sentence you state you were stuck with the low bid, the discuss how to make it work? What configuration did you bid on?

You write about what seems to be tees on a steam condensate line? Makes no sense without some type of HX?

How can a system with no water, just "condensate" get air bond? It would never have water in the first place. Especailly at the second floor!

If the boiler has an unused or DC'd tankless coil, or, a plate where one could be installed - your options are huge.

Please edit what you already wrote and we can help. As written, all the tee stuff is too nebulous to comprehend. A simple diagram of what's there, or what you plan would be worth the proverbvial 1000 words (;-o)
  • brucewo1b
    brucewo1b Member Posts: 638
    Richard you can

go as high as 30 feet but air tight is the rule, You need to keep the finger over the straw effect in mind read this it shouls help. I would be warry of any system with zone valves in it as they could be where the air gets in and you loose the suction. Here is a good read, good luck Bruce

http://www.heatinghelp.com/heating_howcome6.cfm
  • Richard D._2
    Richard D._2 Member Posts: 156

Hey Bruce,Thanks for the reply! I read that in Dans book as well..about the 30 ft max. lift! The more I look , it seems that the Side arm heater is the best way! I did move the circ. lower and no air for 2 days now. Sat, will make 3 so,that is fine for now..I love getting someone elses mistake lol...BUT even though it has busted my chops,the job has been a GREAt learning tool :)..The first time in 30 years I ever had a system like this! Had basement and first flr. heated by condensate but not the 2nd :)..This is never a dull job lol....Thanks,Rich
  • brucewo1b
    brucewo1b Member Posts: 638
    Richard

I agree when you do not know what you have ie someone elses mistake, or if you have zone valves especially above the water line I would go with he heat exchanger.
This discussion has been closed.