Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant

Jim_109
Jim_109 Member Posts: 45
Any comments, opinions, pros/cons and suggestions on the following;

Hydronic vs. electric radiant heating???

I am considering installing radiant heating under ceramic tiles in my bathroom. Currently the bathroom has no heat. The heated floor are is only about 15 sqaure feet. The entire bathroom is about 25 square feet.

According to one manufacturer, based on my projected useage and cost for electricity, my daily operating cost is about .10/day

A few electric advantages;

Parts and installation cost are much lower with electric.
Heats up quicker

THANKS! Jim

Comments

• Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    Elec vs Hydronic

"It depends" :)

If you're in the midst of a whole heating system renovation, might as well go hydronic.

If not, the electric route is very attractive. I have a couple of "Heatweave" jobs done, and the homeowners are very happy.
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    Electric

That's sounds good here. Then again, we don't have all the info. Will it actually heat the room? Is this the primary heat source? Is it only floor warming? etc.

Massachusetts

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Do you have hydronic heat to tie into?

Do you have enough electrical panel/service capacity for the electric heater?

Electric pads look like they would not take up as much space as the tubes, heightwise.

Putting the floor heating in the bathroom on a separate controller is always nice. Few people complain about bathrooms being too warm.

You can always put the heat on a timer to reflect your occupancy to reduce the cost of running the system.

RFH is... wonderful.
This discussion has been closed.