Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

A couple of thank-yous (Steamhead)

First, Ken and Ann Marie and the crew at Gorton Heating Corporation, makers of the famous #2 main vent. We used up our stock way faster than expected this week, but Gorton got a dozen more #2 vents overnighted to us so we could put some on an early Kriebel system. We'll have pics of that system later.

Second is Bobby Kavlich, manager of the R.E. Michel branch in Timonium, MD, who got some Carlin 1150FFD parts overnighted to us for a big church boiler that went down. We got it going in time for a rather large funeral.

Nice work!

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=367&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 766

It was nice of you to give credit to your suppliers who go the extra mile.

Before all the con boilers became so popular I used several Buderus oil boilers with a Carlin gas burner. It was an amazing, quite burner and you could pipe the fresh air directly to it.

Re the Gorton air vents, in the Denver area the only vents commonly stocked are Hoffman. I have never really understood what the difference is and why you like the Gorton so much.

Dave in Denver

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Size matters

The Gorton #2 will vent 3.5 times as much air as a Hoffman #75, but costs roughly the same. You do the math.....

State Supply carries the #2, try one and you'll see what I mean.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • I've tried them based on Franks recommendations...

and there IS a difference.

Thanks Frank

ME
This discussion has been closed.