Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

No heat on third floor

Dale_11
Dale_11 Member Posts: 1
Make sure all the service valves are open, check to see if that floor is an individual zone then see if all the controls are operating correct Dale

Comments

• klove
    klove Member Posts: 2
    No heat on third floor

I'm new to this forum. I recently acquired a three floor building. The third floor has not heat, while the second and first floor heat up fine. I bled the lines on the third floor and had heat until i turned off the heating system. what might be wrong with my system and how do i fix it. Thanks
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,399
    Where does one start

Mmmmm. You say there is heat once you bled the lines then had heat until you turned off the heating system.

When you turn the system back on, what happens?

Is the circulator (I am presuming forced hot water) pumping away from the expansion tank or (egads) toward it?

What is the water pressure in the basement at the boiler? For a three-storey (30 foot) building it should be at least 17 to 18 lbs. Check the fill valve and pressure gauge and add water very slowly to a cold boiler until the gauge reads in that range.

Could be a number of things, these are the first things I would look for.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405
    piping configuration

How is your piping configured? It may be a matter of balancing the runs to get flow to each rad. If the system is balanced, it could be your pump is unable to generate enough head to reach the third floor. What make and model of circulator do you have?
  • klove
    klove Member Posts: 2

I really do not know anything about boilers! I noticed that the boiler was manufactured by Federal Bioler Co. Inc. Probably installed in the 60s. It has a new pump and the expansion tank.
    Can anyone direct me to where i can get the diagram; so that i can identify the parts. This will be a great start.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.