Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

M tubing versus ACR

GW
GW Member Posts: 4,788
Thanks for the replies. I knew the basics; just didn't know where acr fit as far as wall thickness.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=368&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• GW
    stifferer

we need to run some solar lines, and would like to minimize some soldering in the attic. Any pros/cons for soft tubing? Is M fine?

What's the diff between soft L,M,and ACR? Anyone have any wall thicknesses?

Thanks,

GW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,023

L and acr are the same as far as I know. The only difference is that acr is cleaned dried and capped (and costs more) ACR come in 50 foot soft. L is 60 ft I think. I don't even know if M is available in soft. Never thoughtv about it b4. The wall thickness may be to thin for soft.
    ED
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    ACR

sometimes seen with a blue marking on the hard drawn, the soft coil doesn't always have a color or incised marking, according the the CDA.

5/8 ACR A (annealed soft) has a wall thickness of .035.

M in 1/2 is .028, L is .040 and K is.049.

ACR comes in off sized roll lengths for some reason?

Schuco Solar has preinsulated linesets for their panel installations. Although it is a metric dimension. Looks and feels like an M wall thickness.

Get ye a "Copper Tube Handbook" from the CDA at www.copper.org. Plenty of great info in this small booklet.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    ABC's

Hi Gary! ACR tubeing is L tube.Also comes in 3/4 O.D. ,capped & dehydrated & more $ and all sizes(ACR) are by O.D. and blue marking's .M is thinner wall ,K is thicker wall.Using a good bender(and eye) you can have many bend's w/o joints.50'coil's.
  • GW
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I knew the basics; just didn't know where acr fit as far as wall thickness.

Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Gary

No DIS meant or sent!I was being a wiseguy about the alphabet K-L-M ! I ask too many question's here to be uppity!
This discussion has been closed.