Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

room is always cold

from te ifo. you emailed me your radiator is about 12,000 btu (7x22 section) @ 20 sections is about 50 EDR of steam or 12k btu...from your 1st info and making a couple of preumptions...your room heatloss is around 9000 btu's...it should be big enough. the one thing that is most hard to figue out by numbers is air infiltration... my guess is that you have more than just a little. Look around and check your areas around the windows , outlets baseboards for air leakage and caulk the cracks, Is the floor insulated? Yes you could get a bigger rad but the heat will still make its way out as fast....kpc

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=323&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• mid787
    mid787 Member Posts: 6
    room is always cold

I have a one pipe system. The radiator in the room always heats up. The room measures 22' X 13' = 286 square feet. the room has 9.5 foot high ceiling. The cast iron radiator measures 4 feet across and 24" high with 20 fins. The thermostat reads 70 degrees, but everyone who comes into the room complains that is doesn't feel warm. There's another window in this room, but does not have a radiator below it. Can someone calculate if the existing radiator in the room is sufficient to heat this room. Or should i consider installing another radiator at the far end of the room underneath a window that doesn't have a radiator.
    thank you for any replies.
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,337
    Where

is the thermostat located, John.

When you say it is reading 70, do you mean it is set at 70 or reads 70 in the room?

It's very possible that the thermostat is too close to the radiator and should be relocated.

Jack
  • Steve Garson_2
    Steve Garson_2 Member Posts: 712

Or, the vent in that room may need to vent slightly faster. Does this radiator have all the sections hot before the boiler shuts off on temperature? Are the windows tight?
    Steve from Denver, CO
  • kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    what is the width...

of each section? How many tubes or fins to each section? kpc

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Walked into a room a few days ago..

this room never gets warm... i think 'hmmm... it is 82 in here maybe the guys on drugs'

or maybe it does not happen to be within his idea of warm :) no telling.. just thought i would share that with you...
This discussion has been closed.