Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Selonoid valve

Part number? What is the lockout timing on the 8184? Have you timed it? Have you done the Firedragon test on the 8184?

Comments

• Jeff Roberts_2
    Jeff Roberts_2 Member Posts: 2
    testing selonoid valve

I have a problem boiler on my hands. It just doesn't seem to want to go away. I've tested just about everything(pump pressure , vacuum, changed nozzles, checked voltages, do efficiency test with bacarat kit. checked coupling, electrode gap, air bands and assembly settings, cad cell, jumped the primary control out with a resistor, and recently another tech changed the transformer and motor, And the boiler is still having random lockouts. I went there today, unit was on lockout and when a fired her off, she lit off smooth with no smoke and no exess oil. Which tells me most likely before she went off on safety no oil was sent in the chamber. Does anyone have any ideas on other things I should check. It seems it only happens late night/early mourning. I don't like being a parts changer but because its intermittent, its coming down to it. I'm thinking possibly a bas 8184G or maybe the selonoid valve....Help please
  • Michael Welch
    Michael Welch Member Posts: 43
    Oil line

How is the oil line run. Just had one that would go out on safety every now and then and it was an overhead oline to a tiger loop we ended up running a second line back and solved the problem. My guess was it wasn't drawing all the time and would suck the tiger loop dry.
  • jeff_76
    jeff_76 Member Posts: 2
    oil line

Its only about a 15 footer. Is there anyway to test a selonoid valve for operation.
This discussion has been closed.