Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil Tank Replacement Question

J.C.A._3
J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,980
That one would have failed inspection. #1, the oil line is not considered "protected", even with the outer sleeve. It would have to be (depending on who did the inspection, and which town)either securred to the floor in the corners and along the wall, or covered with cement from the floor to the rise to the burner.

#2, the fill pipe appears to be 2", and the vent appears to be 1 1/4 inch. The vent has to be "at least" the same size as the fill pipe, not smaller than 1 1/4". Because of the pitch of the sump pipe, I cannot see if the tank is pithched toward the outlet at the specified 1/4"/ft.

Ma. rules....I don't know where you're at. The wood appears to be an attempt to keep the crap from accumulating under the tank. Chris

Comments

• If,

our authority up-here is forcing OT replacement every 10 years or so because of environmental issues with leakage, then I have to ask, how is this acceptable? This was replaced less than 2 years ago, by a "certified" installer, and accepted by the oil co. The sump pump discharges into "Big-O" running into the ditch at the highway!, and the "wood framed skirt"?, I don`t understand what that`s supposed to accomplish. Does this look right to you guys?

Dave
This discussion has been closed.