Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Noise from Radiant heating in slab

Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
i do not see valves to isolate anything on the radiant.

Comments

• Dave_115
    Dave_115 Member Posts: 1
    Noise from Radiant heating system

this is my fist post, lots of great information here and have leane a lot so far, problem is that I cannot figure out how to purge the air from my setup (thats what I think the proble is) I am attaching photos to make it simpler to see my setup. Couple of things I would like to know is,
    1. how to I check it the Watts air vent is working, and should this get rid of all air in the system
    2. how should go about to purge th air. (too many valves and controls makes it confusing)

It is a 4 zone setup, I could not find any air valves on the high point of the systems (although there is an access point at this location). It seems the noise (gurgling sound) occurs more so when the system is starting to heat a zone (ie: when the water is cold).

Let me know if I need to provide more information. Thx
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    my thinking is valve off individual loops and have a purge

or no Kink or boiler drain on at least the common supply and return header with the ability to valve That off too.

the installer was relying on the most economical means of venting :)

do you have any "remote" headers or substations? any wall panels or inspection panels under stairs or in a closet ?

might be able to bleed some air out of the system in that location,... if not exchange the old air eliminator for a new one add a ball valve to the boiler side of the return header from the radiant spin a purge valve or some threaded valve with a hose attachment...now you can add water to that point and force flow thru the header backwards to the boiler to the blue handle boiler drain into a bucket if all kinds of noise ensues then flush it in the direction of flow...it looks like a royal pain to deal with even with another drain..
  • Eric_25
    Eric_25 Member Posts: 79

Try closing the red handled ball valve on the lower left and hooking a garden hose up to the boiler drain just before it and let it run for a long time with the water make-up turned on. It will still be tough if you don't have any valves to isolate the individual zones. Good luck

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.