Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot Water Maker Piping Alterations

Jamie_6
Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710
We will definitely include an anti-scold valve in the new arrangement. Thanks for pointing that out. I also forgot to put a flow check on the cold water coming in from the house in the diagram.

The circ. on the bottom of the two storage tanks is what is forcing the heat transfer between the storage tanks and the hot water maker! It really only needs to be a 003 or maybe 006 because there is virtually no resistance there.

Let me know why you think this wouldn't work and maybe give me some advice on what you think. The drawing was basically cut out from Bradford Whites web page and changed out a hot water generator with a hot water maker?

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=289&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710

I think we figured out how to correct this problem. Heat Transfer Products and Bradford White where a huge help today!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Where is the anti scald devise?

what is the rhyme or reason for the circ on the cold water?

is the idea that the circ will dead head and boil the water?

count me in as a skeptic on that lash up. i personally think you need an St- 12 or better on the cold...

I cannot draw you a picture buh i think my friend Orville will see this and promptly revise this lash up. in Colour. With arrows directing the lazy water where to go *~/:)
  • Larry F.
    Larry F. Member Posts: 3

Help- I'm looking for advice on doing a piping repair. i'm a plumber w/ not much experience with heating systems. The system is in an apartment complex approx 45 years old. Hot water heat/ chill water cooling. Small fancoil units are in the ceiling of each apartment.Piping has leak in the attic on one of the main runs. old steel pipe is very corroded, and deteriorated. complete replacement has been discussed but is not feasible at this time so we are going to attempt a repair to the leaking section. My questions are:
    1. I dont believe we will be able to unscrew piping from fittings- looks to weak and rusted. Is it possible to use steel dresser couplings to couple new pipe to old? Will the rubber gasket take the heat? The maint person says he is running 180 degree water through the system. Is this a normal temp? Also what would a normal pressure be for a system like this?.
    2. There will be a tee involved in the repair. This tee is 2" x 2" x 3/4. The 3/4 side is branching off to one of the fan coil units. not sure if it is the supply or return. Are these just a normal tee, or are they some kind of "diverter" tee that sends water to the fan coil unit?-Thanks Larry F. Roswell NM
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    Larry

Friendly suggestion- you should post this as a new topic (just cut/copy your message to clipboard, click the "New Topic" header on the Wall main page, then paste your question into the message field.

You are at the tail end of another subject entirely.

Brad
This discussion has been closed.