Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

wireless thermostats

carol_3
carol_3 Member Posts: 397
I highly recommend the Honeywell wireless stats. They've been out for about 5 years with no problems. I call them the cover-your-butt stats--that, is, no wires, no problem! You'll need the stat (T8665) plus a receiver (W8665A or E). For 2 or 3 stats, use one W8665E. You'll be happy with the price too--nothing compared to fishing wire or repairing drywall. I just retired today after 27 years with Honeywell, so I know this product.

Comments

• Bill Clinton_5
    Bill Clinton_5 Member Posts: 38
    wireless thermostats

Just sent out the guys to install the boiler and controls for a three zone system. OOPS! T'stat wires never got installed.

Have googled up several wireless t'stats but have no experience to guide selection. Does anyone have experience founded recommendations?

Thanks.

Bill
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    Pulled some

wires Bill...you'll be better off in the long run.

Nothing like a bunch of commucation problems.NO pun Intended.
  • Nron_13
    Nron_13 Member Posts: 164
    Danfoss

Have used the Danfoss wireless system in one job with no problems yet and they have been in use for 3 years now
  • oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641

1 job i had the same issue --house was gutted downstairs --insulated ,sheetrocked -tiled--trimmed real nice job --they put a screw through the old stat wire--and the owner was not going to let me make any kind of holes anywhere --wasn't comfortable with me running it with the baseboard, -so --decided on the Honeywell wireless --1 zone --that was 2-1/2 years ago -- not a problem at all -
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 457

Happy Retirement
  • Garritt
    Garritt Member Posts: 27
    wireless thermostats

Try www.fast-stat.com. It helped us out one time.
  • John McArthur_2
    John McArthur_2 Member Posts: 157

Now you'll have more time to post on the Wall. ;-))

• Kevin Weaver
    Kevin Weaver Member Posts: 3
    Thermostat

I've been on a few jobs with the Honeywell wireless stat and seemed to work well. school the home owner on how to change the batteries!!!!
  • Stan W_3
    Stan W_3 Member Posts: 6
    Carol's Retirement

Carol, Happy Retirement, now you have time to write an other exellient book.
  • carol_3

Right-o. What would you like that book to be about? I'm considering air conditioning as one idea.
  • carol_3

Right-o. What would you like that book to be about? I'm considering air conditioning as one idea.
  • Gene_3
    Gene_3 Member Posts: 289
    congrats

27 years at one place, phew! my best was 6

enjoy

This discussion has been closed.