Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Job Photos (s milne )

The pictures say it all. Very nice! Hats off to you and your crew.

Comments

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,883
    What we did on our summer vacation !

O.K. so it was'nt vacation but it was last summer.

Some of you may remember a job we did a few years back. Tim McElwain helped Chris install the first Viessmann. The owner had decided to take out the hot air from the second floors. We installed cast iron rads with TRV's. Every room got its own TRV.

Here's what that looked like

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • ScottMP
    So the owner had us add a few extra things

over the years. Buderus panels in the playroom. Indirect hot water. Master bath radiant.

This year we were on line to install some new Cast Iron radiators in the back hall and small office. Well ..... the job kept going and at some point I let them know that we had exceeded the capacity of the one Viessmann and it was time to do the first floor over and remove the existing hot air.

Here's what we removed

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • ScottMP
    Chris and the guys installed

The new Viessmann and removed all the small additions that had been installed

• kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    both the ...

Thermopride AND the Viessman??? I could find a home for the Viessman.....only 1hr north! kpc

• ScottMP
    We then removed

all the boiler piping and started over. This is what we would have done had there been an over all plan from the begining. I guess its a goos expample of knowing to sit down with an owner and finding out what the final plan is.

Then again some times the cellar dwellars are the last to know huh :)

We installed a solid core plastic board for our backing and I hand the guys a plan for the layout. I think they did a Great job.

Even thought we wer'nt givin a budget I still kept the owners best interest. We re-used the Taco I-radiant valve that had been installed the year before for the wet slab in the back hall.

The Buderus mixing block we had installed on the third floor for the master bathroom came donw to the basement and picked up the climate panel for all the bathrooms that got renovated.

You can see the blank wall and then the distrubution piping as we progressed.

• ScottMP
    We are going for full insulation

But I know how you guys love to see the piping. :)

There is constant re-circ for the TRV's

Two temp's of radiant.

Zone valves for the zoned rooms on the first floor and Kitchen.

• ScottMP
    The new C.I.

for the first floor was to be individual zones for each room. A couple of the rooms where large rads so I had the guys pipe them as Two Pipe reverse return.

We insulated everything except the boiler room which will be done by insualtion company for the finishing touch.

I am Very Proud of My Whole Crew for all the work done here.

Scott

• jp_2
    jp_2 Member Posts: 1,935
    wire ducts

i like your use of wire ducts, very clean and neat looking.
  • ScottMP
    I thought

I had a real good finish photo. I may have to go back Monday.

• J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,980
    Just for reference....

The boiler on the left stayed, and had the Viessman chassis burner available at the time. The 2nd boiler is the same...but with the newest available chassis burner.

The difference in sound is night and day. The first one was quiet, to be sure...but the "improved" model is virtually silent!

Even I was amazed at the difference. With the Tekmar 264 staging control, the boilers shift lead/lag every 36 hours. (my choice) and the differences noted since the system has been installed are within 10 hours of each other as of last Friday.

I've been in the room when both have fired, and the newer model is so much quieter. I've also been in the room with both firing, and you can tell the difference.(only happened once this year!)

Jim and Chris P. did an astounding job on the piping. I'm happy for us and the homeowner.Thanks for posting Boss! Chris
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
    job

Really nice and thoughtful job guys.

See you at the bar.

Massachusetts

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    Nice!!

Nice job, Scott and crew!!

Why the Buderus mixing block rather than the HK1 or Dekamatik? Is the Caleffi LLH priced that much differently than the Viessmann?

• J.C.A._3
    Paul,

The mixing block and 363 were already there...we might as well use them.The Calefi was sized to the job...so that's what we used.

As Scott explained (I think) the mixing station was in a 3rd floor closet, and a constant source of air problems. As of this writing, those have disappeared...so I figure it must work.

As Scott also stated, this is the "latest" stage of upgrades to the home.... Had we known where this was going when we started,and had the room to do what was practical for future planning...we would have done lots of things differently.

I believe that the latest drawings show stage 6...rev. 7 or something like that. There is quite a related story for the indirect during the Garage re-hab. I'll let Scott go there if he'd like to. Suffice to say, we were and ARE the plumbing and heating contractor for the homeowner, and this is our work. Chris
  • Jamie_6
    Jamie_6 Member Posts: 710

As always great looking job Scott. That H.O. must be really happy about that install. Not to mention that reset must be saving that house a fortune this year.

I really like the hydro separator. We used our first one on a recent job and I was amazed how balanced it made the systems supply a return temperatures.

Thanks for keeping the bar so high.

Jamie

• ScottMP
    Jamie

As allways Pal, we appreciate the nice comments. The reset, and constant circulation with the TRV's makes for really nice sleeping quarters.

Add to that the reset curves for the radiant and this is comfort all the way :)

The whole crew worked real hard on this and it was a brain cramp to keep up with the piping. There are remot manifolds on every floor and they all have different temperatures.

Scott

• Ray Landry_3
    Ray Landry_3 Member Posts: 94

> As allways Pal, we appreciate the nice comments.

> The reset, and constant circulation with the

> TRV's makes for really nice sleeping quarters.

> Add to that the reset curves for the radiant and

> this is comfort all the way :)

>

> The whole crew

> worked real hard on this and it was a brain cramp

> to keep up with the piping. There are remot

> manifolds on every floor and they all have

> different temperatures.

>

> Scott

>

> _A

> HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=

> 237&Step=30"_To Learn More About This

> Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in

> "Find A Professional"_/A_

That's quite the project Scott, looks really nice. it's amazing how much better everything looks mounted on that wall. Nice work.

• Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,908
    SAWEEET!!!!!

As usual, the crew put together a beauty!

Major Kudos guys on an AWESOME install!!!!

Mark H

• Show case work...

If its not already, that project (and others) should be in your company sales presentation (pitch) book.

Great work guys. You are proud of your work and it shows.

ME
  • Darin Cook_6
    Darin Cook_6 Member Posts: 41
    That boiler room looks familiar

As a matter of fact I believe that you took me and Markie there over the summer. I believe you had a heating line gravity circulating because of the domestic hot water at the time?
    The job came out awesome. It really is a fine piece of craftmanship. Great equipment + Great installers = GREAT COMPANY ! The North Shore is lucky to have you guys up there. Once again, KUDOS to Milne P&H. Nice Job Guys!!!

TSGT Darin Cook
    Air Expeditionary Forces
    Iraq
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,908
    Yah

That is also the job where you tired to help Chris solve the air issue.

You told them all they had to do was

Mark H

• Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    Thanks for ruining my computer!

Drooling all over the keyboard ain't zactly conducive for long computer life!

Very, very nice pal.
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,399
    Outstanding Work!

Makes me proud to know Chris, you Scott, and I hope soon, your compatriots in Basement Organization and Thermal Comfort.

Something about neat piping, like a gorgeous sunset, that just makes me pause and stare...
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • The wall piping

is spectacular . Do you plan the piping out ahead of time ?

Scott , Chris and crew , your installs set an example very few can follow . Amazing workmanship .
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Likewise. Just beautiful.

It'll be a shame to cover that beautiful pipe with insulation. Mayby some designer pipe insulation. Something in a paisley perhaps.:) WW

• J.C.A._3
    Hey Scott...

Maybe Wayne has a point ! Lets give Sheldon a call and see what he can do. (BIG CHUCKLE!) JCA
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    that is a beauty :)

> The boiler on the left stayed, and had the

> Viessman chassis burner available at the time.

> The 2nd boiler is the same...but with the newest

> available chassis burner.

>

> The difference in

> sound is night and day. The first one was quiet,

> to be sure...but the "improved" model is

> virtually silent!

>

> Even I was amazed at the

> difference. With the Tekmar 264 staging control,

> the boilers shift lead/lag every 36 hours. (my

> choice) and the differences noted since the

> system has been installed are within 10 hours of

> each other as of last Friday.

>

> I've been in

> the room when both have fired, and the newer

> model is so much quieter. I've also been in the

> room with both firing, and you can tell the

> difference.(only happened once this year!)

>

> Jim

> and Chris P. did an astounding job on the piping.

> I'm happy for us and the homeowner.Thanks for

> posting Boss! Chris

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    That is a Beauty*~/:)

it makes me habby ..just looking at it :) outasite :)

there isn't a corner of the Planet That wouldn't be the ticket:)
  • Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    Beatiful

Really nice work! I'm printing it to show my crew. Inspiring! I always hope the layman can appreciate this kind of artistry. I can spend all day enjoying the details of this beautiful workmanship. It is an artform. And the amazing thing is it is so functional. Which in my small brain takes it to a higher level than just visual beauty. Well done!
  • ScottMP
    The fun part of this

was the incorperation of different styles of heat.

If you notice the 1/2" copper manifold, that is constant circ to Buderus Panels with TRV's.

Then we have constant circ to a manifold on the third that down feeds the second floor to CI with TRV's.

There is two temperature of Radiant and four zones of high heat CI with zone valves and reverse return piping. The guys had a hard time getting the R.R. piping untill I explained it. They still wanted to do scoops but with the soze of the Rads I wanted even flow.

The nicest thing about this job : We hav'nt heard a THING from the customers. No Complaints.

Scott

• ScottMP
    Ron

I did a drawing for the crew after gogin over it with Tim Malarky from Capco. There is So Much here I did'nt want to miss anything. AT one point I thought we had over looked the third floor and had a spinctor moment. :)

I actually wanted everything spread out even more but we were told others needed space. As it was the " Others " did'nt show !

I did drawings for the manifold, remote manifolds and wiring and they were all left on the job in the Hot File.

Thanks

Scott

Scott

• ScottMP
    Thats the job Darin

You remember, thats where I told Mark he should

• ScottMP
    Thanks Joe

considering the color of the boilers your comments are very much appreciated !

Scott

• Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Workmenship

Scott, in my opinion workmenship like this has no "color". The layout, assembly, etc.. is just impressive! Please continue the great work for all to see and enjoy.
  • kevink1955
    kevink1955 Member Posts: 88

WOW

I thought my 4 zone with Honneywell valves looked good, Well it does compaired to what it replaced.

Nice work, the pride shows
  • kevink1955
    kevink1955 Member Posts: 88

WOW

I thought my 4 zone with Honeywell valves looked good, Well it does compaired to what it replaced.

Nice work, the pride shows
This discussion has been closed.