Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

thumping plumbing

Henry_5
Henry_5 Member Posts: 17
better than ever

Thanks for your reply.

Henry

Comments

• Henry_5
    My kitchen faucet hot line

is roughly 15' long run in pex from the manifold to the faucet. The house is essentially a homerun system with some t's cut in on lines run to the other end of the house.

My problem is this: When I run straight hot to the kitchen sink the pex line gets hot and starts to vibrate and thump. It sounds like a Bell Huey rumbling by and the pressure drops by half. The dishwasher is connected to the same line and when it fills hot, I never have the problem, it is only the sink.

I would like for someone to tell me why it is doing this when none of the other lines do and how I can make it go away. One other note, I have been in the house for three years and this has just started in the last month.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Henry Nichols
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    try this...

open the kitchen cabinet,.... open and close the 1/4 turn angle stop a couple times... stand back remove the faucet aerator and screens turn on the cold then open the hot,... shut the hot side off and on,.. a couple times real quick...

i am thinking it has something to with restriction in either the valve or the angle stop.if a small rock or something shoots out of the faucet.. you,... all good ,...back to normal...
  • Henry_5
    thanks

I will give it a try and let you know.

Henry
This discussion has been closed.