Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Steam Boiler

You might get us to install it!

If not, check out the Find a Professional page of this site to locate a Steam Man near you.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=367&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Dave_4
    Dave_4 Member Posts: 1,405
    Anything Better?

I recently purchased a home with steam and found out the other day that the boiler is leaking, the boiler is a Peerless WB series and I could hear whistling when it runs. My service company looked at it and found a hole in the boiler, they checked with the manufacturer and apparently since I am not the original homeowner there is no warranty even though the boiler is only 5 years old. After watching this site and researching my system I probably need to make some changes, I would also like to add a water heater off the boiler. Is there anything new available that is more efficient and that may last longer?
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    Burnham Mega-Steam

which just came out, is a 3-pass boiler with all the heat transfer surface below the water line so it shouldn't rot out that way. The first couple of installations have posted very good efficiency numbers and make good-quality steam. You can find out more at www.burnham.com .

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dave_4
    Wow

That was quick, I will certainly check out the Burnham. How can I go wrong on advice about a steam boiler form a gentleman named " Steamhead ".

Thank You
  • Dave_4
    Thanks

for the offer, I'm in Rockland County NY which is probably a little far to travel, I'm pretty comfortable with my oil company. They seem to be fairly well versed in steam, I've checked up on everything they told me and they are "spot on".

Thank you again for you suggestion
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 952
    Is that typical?

of the boiler makers? Gee, in scorched air I've never had a supplier ask about whether the current owner was the original. If a part went bad in warranty, it was replaced. Only exception may be some of these special warranties that replace a unit if the comp or HX failed.
This discussion has been closed.