Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

How much?

Uni R_2
Uni R_2 Member Posts: 589
Yup, that would translate to about 0.8 litres per cubic metre for us northerners... or four metres per gallon mixed. That's about the rate I had to truck it out of the basement for the past couple of weeks. About 3 to 4 gallons a day.

Happiness is the first day after you have finally installed your neutraliser and don't have to remember to go dump the 5 gallon bucket downstairs and you don't care if it gets colder than what a 5 gallon pail can hold. ;-)

We should have a contest for home-made acid neutralisers. I just may have the ugliest one!

Comments

• Mark_46
    Mark_46 Member Posts: 312
    Condensation

Is there a rule of thumb that says how much condensation a mod/con boiler will emmit at given temps, certain amount of BTUs or for given time frames, etc?

I seem to remember somebody mentioning this a few weeks ago buried deep in some thread.
  • Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    About a gallon

per 100 MBH (100 CF) input is my rule of thumb. Depends on heat content of fuel, excess air and moisture in that air of course.

I know the first night I fired up my Susan's Vitodens, it filled the 5-gallon temporary bucket to overflowing in about 8 hours on a 40-something degree night.
  • Mark_46
    Mark_46 Member Posts: 312
    Thanks everybody for the estimates

I have a situation with my system and it's a long story I will spare you from. But, I have a Munchkin 80M running at 180* with no OD reset (i know, i know).

In the interest of the much larger problem, I wanted to measure how much condensation it is emmitting. Over an 11 hour period (9:30 pm to 8:30 am) it produced 3.25 - 3.5 cups of condensation at whatever the outdoor temp was last night with both thermostats set at about 65-66.

So my question now is I guess whatever condensation it is producing is produced on its climb up to 180*? No or very little condensing occurs at 180, correct?
  • Brad White_9
    None at all at 180 F

180 F. is about 50 degrees above the dewpoint of flue gas from natural gas combustion. You may get a trickle on start-up (heck at my age so do I :) but that is about it.
  • jp_2
    jp_2 Member Posts: 1,935
    shut down,

don't forget the trickle at shutdown, ya know, the one the goes down to your shoe!
  • Brad White_9
    No matter how

you shake and dance, the last drop always lands in your pants.

OK, we're done now!
  • ALH_4
    ALH_4 Member Posts: 1,790
    well...

Now I know far too much!
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,337
    With that

snorkle and your face in the snow who can tell if you did drip, Brad? We do know you stopped wearing pants.

Now we know why the face down position.

Happy New Year, friend.

Jack
This discussion has been closed.