Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

2002 PP (pre-panduit){for wet-heads}

The house is aproximately 5000 sq.ft. The boiler is a 33 KW and the DHW tank holds 92 gallons. There are 14 radiant zones. The silencer was installed at a later date because if you note the top of the chimney has a large blue stone slab capping it. The noise from the boiler flue was traveling into the flue that serves the master bedroom.After the installation it worked out very well.

Comments

• American plumber
    American plumber Member Posts: 89

• A.J.
    A.J. Member Posts: 257
    radiant perfection

Wow I'm speech less.
  • John Ruhnke
    John Ruhnke Member Posts: 936
    Great Job!!

Great Job!!

Wow!!

Who are you? Please tell us a little about the job and yourself.

JR

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
    Hydronics is the most comfortable and energy efficient HVAC system.
  • Christian Egli_2
    Christian Egli_2 Member Posts: 812
    What beautiful clouds of steam in the sky

Not just a living room, your radiant boiler room turns this home into a little piece of heaven.

I love concrete. Here is a big question that has nothing to do with anything.

I notice the beautiful pipe layout on the wall is done partly over a wood panel and partly directly over the concrete. Considering the labor to install the wood in the first place, might it not be faster and cheaper to anchor the whole piping directly into the concrete. Drilling concrete is no big deal at all anyway, and, in this exemplary case it was done half and half. So...?

There, that's just me wondering about why we insert perishable wood into a brick and steel installation that is meant to last for ever and ever. Here, it looks gorgeous both ways.

All the more a reason to ignite the fireworks for the new year. Thanks, American Plumber, for the tour.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    That is nice *~/:)

The home looks primo. the house fits the plumbing perfectly :)

that oil tiger loop is new to me, what is the philosophy behind the epre-formed fitting on the tank/supply side?

what manufacturer is making it?
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Slobber, drool, slurp

That's one of the nicest installs I've seen, pretty much anywhere, using any equipment.
    Some how just looking at the first pic of the piping, I figured there'd be a Viessmann connected to it all.

The view looks like it has to be one of the Great Lakes, where are you located A/P? I also have to ask what the grey PVC looking tube is in pic #14? It appears to be in line with th piipng but I can't tell from the pics what it's connected to, if anything.
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    From Viessmann

They supply that with their Vitoflame burners. Connected to that much low temp emitter, I'd wager that the efficiency on that burner/boiler is running 87-90%.
  • American plumber

It is just an Oventrop filter. I dont like them very much but I use them as a secondary filter.
  • American plumber

The grey tube is a container for holding the plumbing and heating plans.
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    From one Viessmann guy..................

......to another, all I can say is, "Wow!".

hb

" Radiant Whisperer"

http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=304&Step=30

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• American plumber

I find with the many small adjusments and attachments the wood panels are much easier to work with than attaching directly to concrete. Many times the foundation walls are out of plumb and this allows me to have a plumb and square surface to work with. I use exterior grade plywood and prime and paint both sides.
  • John Ruhnke
    John Ruhnke Member Posts: 936
    Who are you?

American Plumber,

Why are you so secret. Don't you want the publicity? If you identify yourself then many wallies here will recommend you and you can get more nice jobs. Also we can all learn from each other. The value of this website is in networking. I like your work and would like to network with you.

JR

I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
    Hydronics is the most comfortable and energy efficient HVAC system.
  • Ken_40
    Ken_40 Member Posts: 1,320
    Beautiful!

I like the polarizing filter(;-o).

L.I.? or the Cape?
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,883
    YA ..

I would justhave to add ... uummm ,,, aahhh... WOW !

Very, Very, Very Nice.

Text Book.

Scott

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    Picture Perfect

Whoever you are....nice job!! A great example of near-boiler piping, mixing and distribution. Kudos!!

• humnnn

Damn fine looking work mystery wet-head.

The e-mail address is intriguing too!

Mrs. Chi-chi Bean?!? Robert been to Mexico lately?!?
  • thats amazing

Every thought I had as I looked through the pics were quoted above.

I have to ask how much extra time do you think you put into your work.

The extra effort shows big time.

The company I work for only does Viessman boilers.
This discussion has been closed.