Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HydroAir System

Techman
Techman Member Posts: 2,144
Yes ,you can add a FWA system. Cost? That's between you and your contractor.Electric, piping, duct work ,air filtration,air conditioning,humidification, dehumidify carpentry and condensate removal?????????????

Comments

• Daniel Staring
    Daniel Staring Member Posts: 2
    Can I add a Hydroair unit to existing Forced Hot Water Boiler

I have a Forced Hot Water boiler with three zones in my 1st and second floor of my home and need heat from my basement. While I have baseboard radiators upstairs that work great I do not care for them much as they get in the way. We refinished the basement as a play room and would prefer not to have baseboard heaters installed as kid typically step on them and otherwise dent them.

Can we install a hydroair wall unit? If so how much should this cost? The finished basement is about 500 sq feet.
  • don_185
    don_185 Member Posts: 312
    And for

only 500ft of basement???

Have a load calculation done and see if your boiler will support the additional load,and then you will have the math to make a better judgement.

Might be surpise and find that two panels rads would properly fit right in with the budget.

Unless acourse, you're loaded.
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Beacon-Morris

Make what used to be called chill-chasers,Its a wall mounted kick space heater, turbonics make one, they are a 2000-4000 btu wall mounted heater you can run by t-stat, this willkeep the cost down....

David
This discussion has been closed.