Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Solar with Indirect Dual Heatexchager

Simply Rad_2
Simply Rad_2 Member Posts: 171
Using a dual coil indirect (Viessmann tank) for DHW is a with solar and boiler is a good thing. For residential you can't beat the simplicity of a single tank, space savings and low tank heat losses. THe tank has a clean out and is the best quality. There are others besides Viessmann too, Stiebel Eltron is another.

Just use the Lockinvar sensor in the upper port and the solar sensor in the lower port(for the solar control). It does not matter what controls you are using for the zone control as long as you allow the Locknivar to give the DHW priory.
Jeffrey

Comments

• Rick H
    Rick H Member Posts: 2
    Solar

Any body done solar panels for DHW with TN4 Tekmar controls and a fully modulating Boiler??
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,788
    Viessmann

I'm doing a Viessamnn system now; dual coil, ties into the heating system, Viessmann controls.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • Rick H
    Rick H Member Posts: 2

That is exaclty what I was recommending to the owner, Dual Heat Exchanger Superstor though, with Lochinvar KBN 150 with TN4 controls for the house radiant system. Any problems with not using a storage tank and just using the two coil indirect??
  • David Woycio
    David Woycio Member Posts: 107
    problem w/superstor

The problem w/ superstor is that it is only rated to 150 ish *F then the warranty reverts to commercial (only 7 yrs I think). With solar you want as hot as you can get in a given day. Most of our tanks set to HL @ 180. Check w/ tank mnfc warranty b4 you install. We still use our custom stainless steel non-pressurized tanks. Will last long after retired on to the beach.
This discussion has been closed.