Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

GB 142 lockout due to Hoar Frost (ME)

2»

Comments

• Old literature...

I just checkeed with Ricky Rocket and he said that is old literature and to throw it away...

New ones don't need it unless you are operating it on the moon...

ME
  • Still waiting for roof to dry out...

And with a storm a week, it may be next June before we get up there...

ME
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Been there done that

Steel roofs are a blast when they're wet. YEEEHHHAAAAAaaaaa!

Thud
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    roof avalanches

Watch out for sliding snow. I have been making every effort to put roof penetrations high up near the peak so the big avalanche that WILL come down someday won't shear the vent off or fold it over.
  • Joe@buderus_2
    Joe@buderus_2 Member Posts: 302
    Vent seperation

This drawing is from the manual which is printed in Germany (slight loss of translation occurs). We suggest you refer to the "Applications Manual" as that is printed here in the United States. In the Applications Manual it states the exhaust must be a minimum of 12" above the fresh air intake but no greater than 24". We are working on getting this straightened out.
    Don't believe this is creating the "hoar" frost issue. My hypothesis (guess) is that the GB142 burner has shut down due to very little delta T, but the circulator is still flowing water through the heat exchanger. The warm air in the housing on the GB142 is rising out the air intake pipe, condensing on the elbow, and then freezing.

Have tried posting to this thread two or three time and couldn't - dont know why but trying again.
This discussion has been closed.