Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hey ME (or other Denver-ites)

John R. Hall
John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,245
Mark (or others in Denver area):

How are you folks getting around with this latest batch of snow? Do you button up the shop or trudge out to help your customers? It's gotta be tough.

Comments

• We're pioneers dontcha know....

Tough, willing individuals capable of snowshoeing for many miles with buckets of tools and parts strapped to our back with industrial grade bungy cords...

Some smarter individuals have dog sleds equipped with aluminum tool boxes to get the job done.

The smartest of smart individuals have gasoline powered snowmobiles with shed sleds connected to them with all their parts and tools inside of that.

Personally, I'm kind of a belt/suspender/velcro girdle kind of guy. I have snow shoes in my sled shed, where I store my Huskies and their sled along with 5 days worth of food and water, parts and tools. Oh sure, my snowmobile is a retired SnoCat from the local ski resort, but hey, why not be prepared?

BTW, do you know how to identify a pioneer? You can tell him by the arrows in his back...:-)

In all honesty, I have ventured out in my four wheel drive to do emergency no heat calls before in the midst of 5 inch an hour snow storms. It is NOT fun, but challenging, and fairly rewarding.

The main highways around town are wide open, as are the primary and secondary side streets in Denver. The residential streets look like war zones because of people digging their vehicles out and throwing the snow into the street, The plows had not been down our side street for four days. Then, Opie started taking so much heat from his constituents, that he hired a bunch of local landscaping/snow scraping contractors to handle the side residential streets. They just succeeded in plowing large gouges into the streets while blocking in all those people who took the time to dig their vehicles out. Now, you can't go more than 2 miles an hour, and you MUST have a four wheel drive vehilce, otherwise you'll get high centered.

Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Personally, I think Opie is using this storm to guarantee his re-election. He got in on the back of a parking meter issue. I suspect he's smart enough to use this storm to his advantage. He wouldn't be the first mayor to do so.

Back in the 80's, then Mayor Pena had all the cities trash trucks chain up and go out and drive around packing the snow down. That led to a joke that went "What has 10 wheels and fly's? A PENA snow plow!!"

I-70 is still closed east of Limon because of 7 to 10 foot drifts caused by 50 MPH winds. THey hope to have it open again by Monday or Tuesday.

Time to go melt some snow... I'll try and get some pictures of the battle zones.

Thanks for your concern, we're doing OK,

ME
  • Ooops..

Double post. Tried to get a picture of the screen error code for Invision, to no avail...

ME
  • Pictures...

For your edification...

ME
  • bob_46
    bob_46 Member Posts: 813
    Too funny

Mark, I think I will be passing through Denver later this week. I'd be glad to stop and discuss with you where the tubing is supposed to go on a snow-melt job ;) bob

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I had the installation book upside down....

Actually, its portable and retrofitable:-)

And, it obviously works!

ME
This discussion has been closed.