Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

peerless pro series boilers

Options
Chris_65
Chris_65 Member Posts: 9
Good Question.What would you warranty it with? How bout a peerless WB boiler. Thats real great to have to explain to a customer that oops sorry I just installed a peice of crap so now I have to take it back and give you another piece of crap. And oh by the way it is a single pass pin type cast iron boiler not the 3 pass low mass design you oringinally wanted and paid for.

Comments

• Chris_65
    Options
    Peerless Pro Sereis Boilers

I was told recently that F.W. Webb has recalled all the Peerless Pro Series Boilers. Something about the sections leaking? I know someone who just installed one and had nothing but great things to say about it. Looks like a Hearthstone Boiler Block. Why would Peerless want these boilers back. I can't beleive its because of leaking sections. If that were the case then why not warranty them when they fail. Seems really odd. I have installed Biasi, Solaia's, Vegas and Pensotti boilers and never had any problems. Anyone have insight on what the real reason for this would be? CN
  • Maine Ken
    Maine Ken Member Posts: 531
    Options

What would you warranty it with???? Another leaker??? There must have been a reason to beta test them only in one place, as there must be a good reason to take them all back.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Steamhead (in transit)
    Options
    If another Peerless Pro is not in the cards

I'd install a Solaia, and try to recover the money from Peerless.

But let's see what the recall is all about first- there's nothing about it on their site......

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Maine Ken
    Maine Ken Member Posts: 531
    Options
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Prove it

CN, not questioning your integrity...but, can you prove it? That's a bold statement that anybody could make about any manufacturer. Please post the recall notice.

Thanks,

Rick
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    Options
    Not a recall

FW Webb has stopped selling them until the leak issue is resolved.

Mark H

• Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    Looks like Webb was used!

As a guinea pig! Webb must be real happy at this moment. I would have chosen a smaller distribution outlet for a new product than the big boys. Unless I was beyond a shadow of a doubt that the product was market ready

• Chris_65
    Options

To Rick, I do not need to prove anything. I am not slamming F.W. Webb or Peerless. When you get a phone call from a distributor asking to have the boiler back because they leak. I think that is crazy. How would you feel if you bought a car and the dealer called asking for it back. And then offering to replace it with a car you don't want.
    I was just asking if anyone else here in this forum had any experience with this. I have not seen a recall notice. This is why I posted the message.
  • Rick_59
    Rick_59 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    CN lighten up

He said he wasn't questioning your integrity, there have been a lot of "witch hunts" here lately. Can you please post pictures of your Peerless Pro install? we're waiting
  • Robert O'Connor_8
    Robert O'Connor_8 Member Posts: 53
    Options
    Recall

Call it what you want. FW Webb Sent letters to homeowners that had these units installed. They are removing the Pro Boiler and replacing them with the WB Series. No cost to the homeowner.

A few glitches are always to be expected with a new product. From what I have heard of the incident rate of the flue gas leakage I think Webb and Peerles are to be commended for their response.

We have definitely seen other manufacturers let thousands of units go out that we later learn have an inherrent design problem. If you ask the mfg about it early on : "your the first one..."

Peerless and Webb are stand up companies.

All the best

Robert

ME
This discussion has been closed.