Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Some solder in this one

Options
Brad White
Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
My goodness, Doug-

What a great sideline to heating! Beautiful dragon- do you take commissions?

I would expect to see your work in Our Lady of Perpetual Heating Cathedral sometime soon....

Thanks for sharing!

Brad
"If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad

Comments

• Maine Doug_56
    Maine Doug_56 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Almost 2 rolls of solder

This is 74 inches wide. Finished soldering and 1/2" zinc frame but no patina and not washed yet. Must live in a big ole boiler....
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928
    Options

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

There's some extraordinary glass in there...

Your own design?

Part horse, part lizard, part bird, part fish, part snake and maybe some other parts as well. Wonderful composition and near perfect use of color. Someone will be VERY pleased!!!
  • Maine Doug_57
    Maine Doug_57 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks Mike

Since my glass soldering is so much better than my pipe soldering I can show my glass work. This is a commission piece, a Hippocampus-- Greek seahorse. 197 pieces, 157 feet of copper foil wrapped around the pieces, about 5 sq.ft. of glass.
    Need a faucet?
  • Maine Doug_57
    Maine Doug_57 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks Brad

but I have to admit I do not do heating as a profession. I designed the radiant floor and dual boiler in my studio/home/bank with info from the Wall and some diagrams from ME back in 2000. Since then I have worked on the rest of the system and controls. At one point in my career I was in charge of thousands of feets of buildings so I was "involved". I have worked on the kids houses and various friends. Did some HW design work for friends and sometimes get invited to look over their HW and Steam systems that need help. I use Siggy's and Dan's books and have done loss calcs for fun. So I guess glass is my first and heating a very small other activity.
    And yes, my glass work is almost all commission. I may have a pipe wrench design for you guys to look at. But I am fascinated with the Wall stuff.

Here is a creampuff, 30 inches.
This discussion has been closed.