Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tune up / Igniter Adustment ???

the burner is a Beckett model A

Comments

• furnace tune up

hi everyone,

i want to tune up my oil furnace. it is a Trianco Model # DBC-125. i have no troubles with changing the nozzle tip or filters, but i need to know how to adjust the igniters so it burns effeciently. thanks in advance for your input.

rich
  • David Sutton_6
    David Sutton_6 Member Posts: 1,079
    Hello Krazy

Changing things are a brezze but setting it up to run efficent is a hole nother story, you cant set the electrodes to make a burnner run efficent, you can make it light smooth, but tuning it requires instraments, or a combustion analyzer,

What type of burnner do you have ? Boiler is Trianco, burnner is were you got the nozzle out of....

David
  • rjm
    rjm Member Posts: 60

off the center of the nozzle --5/16" up, 1/8" forward, 1/8" gap
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,624

I agree with David. You can know and make all the adjustments needed but final testing with a combustion test kit is the only way to assure it’s set-up correctly and more importantly for safe operation.

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 457

i suggest NOT touching your own oil burner!!! If you do not have test equipment to test combustion, this is not a DIY job. hire a pro!! even changing the nozzle can change burn pattern, combustion, effeciency. THIS LEAD TO A LIFE THREATENING SITUATION. RUN, DON'T WALK TO THE PHONE AND CALL A PRO!!
  • Krazy White Rich
    Krazy White Rich Member Posts: 3

i cleaned the furnace and adjusted the igniter points on my furnace yesterday and it runs like a champ. thanks guys for your knowledge and your concerns.
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 457

What was your combustion analasis results? if you did do a combustion test, you are putting yourself and your family in danger. this is not a HO job.
This discussion has been closed.