Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Three Christmas Presents to the Wall... (Ragu)

Ragu_5
Ragu_5 Member Posts: 315
Thank you, mon ami! Jack

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=428&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Hi Everyone!

Jack was nice enough to send me some pics of recent jobs... I thought they were fun, interesting, and eminently share-able. Therefore, I set out to persuade our dear friend to share them with the rest of you, if I did a bit of scaling, uploading, etc. With his approval in hand, I present to you the first series of pictures.

Here is a series that I believe describes his latest Vitodens install.
  • Constantin
    The Building Exterior...

• Constantin
    A Manifold..

... love those flow indicators and the built-in temp sensor!
  • Constantin
    Wall Shot

... showing off the orderly manifolds...
  • Constantin
    El-Vitodens and LLH

... don't mind the temporary drain pipe!
  • Constantin
    Electrics Lashed-up and ready to go

(with a tip of the hat to Weezbo)
  • Couderay
    Couderay Member Posts: 314
    WOW

Sure looks neat and attractive customer should be happy with this.
  • Constantin
    There are two more threads....

... so give us some background! The images are tasty, but it's your story, and it's the story that brings the whole thing together!

The two other threads are further down the list of new postings... tell us about them... congrats again on jobs well done.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    That picture is the best of the bunch *~/:)

There is joy in every good work.

Thank you for the pics...

be - ing Christmas. the smiles, are the greatest gifts of the day. :)
  • Ragu_5
    Whew!!

Thanks, folks. This was a commercial radiant slab that HAD to get done. I was still reeling and rocking emotionally from the death of my brother, but the show had to go on.

That picture of the 3 guys: that one means a lot to me. That's Jim Bolduc and Tom Fullerton (my Viessmann reps) holding me up. They called a week ahead of time to say they would be on the job at 10 a.m. the day before Thanksgiving to fire and program my first Vitodens. Basically, I had a week of long days to get things ready for them.

24 hours before they were due to arrive, I had no power, no water, no propane tank and no propane; YIKES!!!!!! All of the other subs had let us down. The owner and myself had to step up to the plate and do all that stuff ourselves, and we did.

Honestly, I was never so happy as I was when those two guys showed up; it was like having 2 angels fly in. They took charge, calmed me down, talked with the owners and basically showed us why Richard Trethewey only hires the best.

The funniest part was that the owner was getting really nervous about his slab freezing, and he asked Tom Fullerton: "How much longer will it take to get this boiler running?". Tom looked at him and said: "It's been running for 10 minutes already". Yes, the Vitodens is quiet.

Thanks to all. Jack

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Brad White_163
    Brad White_163 Member Posts: 8
    Outstanding, Jack

You had mentioned this job to me off-line with a few current updates as things went. I think you said this was your first Vitodens job- Hard one to top!

Very neat and professsional- I like the way the bays manifolds are arranged and even tubed through the girts.

The Owner is well-served in the end.

Constantin- thanks for bringing Jack out of his shell :) and thanks for the other support you have lent our friend and others.

Merry Christmas and Cheers to all!

Brad
  • Robert O'Connor_8
    Robert O'Connor_8 Member Posts: 53
    Jack!!

Fantastic !! Your craftsmanship and passion are fully displayed in these pics!!(thanks Constantin)

For those that are not aware this job is truly "downeast "(Maine)Not many of these jobs go in there.

Tommy Fullerton is one of the most passionate energetic reps around!!

All the best

Robert

ME
  • Jim_55
    Jim_55 Member Posts: 21
    surge protector??

Mr Ragusa, Homeowner here, Can please tell me a little more about the electrical connection from the Viessman control box to what seems to be a surge protecter.
    First, what is it? What brand and model? What components does it protect? Is it something that should be in every boiler room? Thanks Jim.
  • Ragu_5
    Jim....

Just got on line and caught your post.

That unit is a Panamax #M4T-EX Power Conditioner. At Viessmann training schools they STRONGLY recommended these units.

I am NOT an electronics genius, but the Panamax will protect the computer in the Vitodens from high and/or low voltage. We have a lot of power outages here in Downeast Maine.

I would reference our friend Constantin for more details. As we say in Maine: "He is some smart". Jack

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.