Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Soil conditioning

Options
Good Morning.Sorry for the delay in finding some info on keeping the soil from heaving due to freezing! Do you still need info?

Comments

• feed the information !

I'm learning here! Is it the same principle as the indoor hockey rink? Was told there's heating coil under the insulation to keep the earth from heaving and ice smooth and flat....
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    It's a BLAST

Morning !Sorry about the delay ! Are you still in need of info?I have a book ,"Industrial Refrigeration Volume II" by W.F.Stoecker ,publisher -Business News Publishing.Depending where the structure is located and the type of soil gives you the guide lines,basically ,keep the ground above freezing and vapor barried .BUT your specifics ?What temps did your Uponor contact base the heat load on ? Glycol?
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    Soil

For those interested parties;In F.W.Stoecker's book there are several references to ASHRAE articles "Preventing Floor Heaving in Refrigerated Warehouses","Ambient Gravity Air Flow Prevents Freezer Floor Heaving" and "A Case History of a Frost-Heaved Refriderated Freezer Floor".Is ASHRAE material available to us tech's? Sounds like some interestimg reading to me!!!
This discussion has been closed.