Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

hot water heat

Dear Sir,

I have excessive gugling and sloshing in my radiators. Had a flush and refill of pipes 2 weeks ago, it helped but was temporary. Furnace repair person said a valve which adds water to system when needed may be bad. Could you explain to me how this valve works and proper name please. Plan on furnace replacement this summer as present unit 40 years old. Thank you. Tim.


  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343

    Sounds like he is talking about a pressure regulator valve which, steps the incomming water pressure from a higher pressure to a lower pressure. Usually preset @ 12 psi. SOunds like your radiators need to be bled. What is the current pressure reading on the boiler itself? Water pressure is used to raise the water level in the house. 1 psi =2.34 feet from where valve sits.
This discussion has been closed.