Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Minature Steam Locomotive Boilers

tls_9
tls_9 Member Posts: 89
You find all the neatest stuff.

I had a beagel i got when i was 14, he lived untill he was 16, I know exactly how you feel.

take care, man.

tom

Comments

• Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Steam Power on a small scale basis.

Howdy all. Between San Francisco (Morgan Muirs spectacular event), the loss of my 16 year old 4 legged hunting partner and being busy in general, I've forgotten to drop by and say hey.

HEY!!

I was dropping off the fire door of a 3.5 mill Wright horizontal tube water boiler for new fire door refractory, at a local place called Western Steel and Boiler Co. I asked my contact what kind of boiler work they did. He said they did boiler re-tubes. He said they were building three boilers from scratch for the Tiny Town Railroad. I asked permission to see them and photograph them, and here they are. They operate on coal, LP and oil. They've built three of them, tested them to 300 PSI and will operate them at 200 PSI. They are ASME rated.

Enjoy!

ME

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ken_8
    Ken_8 Member Posts: 1,640
    Kewl!

Sorry to hear about your 4-legged friend's passing. When they go, it's like losing a member of the family.

Fact is, they are.

Beaded tubes. Love that stuff.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    It never ceases to amaze me.............

The sheer number of different occupations and avocations that a person can get into in this country. The possibilities are absolutely staggering if a person just finds his/her apptitude and is willing to learn.

Those are sweet!!
  • BillW@honeywell
    BillW@honeywell Member Posts: 1,099
    Actually, there once was a manufacturer...

called Cagney who made 1' and 2' gauge steam locomotives for amusement parks. Allaire State Park (NJ) has the Pine Creek Railroad, and they have a 1' gauge Cagney on display. It's not operable but is complete, and will be restored as time & funds permit. They also have operating 3' gauge steam & diesel locomotives. Those in Mark's pix look like 2 footers. For all you non railroaders, gauge refers to the distance between the rails. Standard gauge is 4' 8 1/2", 3' was common in mining and timber operations. There were some other oddball industrial gauges as well.

Sorry about the dog, Mark. I still miss all of mine.
This discussion has been closed.