Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wierd Relay

Tim, you are amazing!


  • kevin_36
    kevin_36 Member Posts: 3
    Electro zone valve

    I have a job that has a Electro Zone Valve. First of all never heard of one, and second i need to learn how to cross reference it to a honeywell. Model RB-3 Zone box
    thanks kevin
  • Kevin, The Electro-Zone Pack System

    RB-3, RB-4 and RB-6 zone box supply low voltage D.C. power and circulator-burner control for up to 3, 4 or 6 zone valves depending on which box is used.

    It combines a 60VA transformer and rectifier with a DPST switching relay for operation of the circulator and burner. The switching relay closes only when at least one of the burner zones calls for heat.

    The zone valves run on 20 volts DC.

    What kind of thermostat do you have on this job?

    You can disengage the one bad zone and install a Honeywell zone valve which you will have to isolate from the other zones then use an switching relay R8845U to bring in the circulator. You can leave the other Electro-Zone valves in place.


    Remove the entire system and install a complete new set of Honeywell Zone Valves with a new relay.
  • kevin_36
    kevin_36 Member Posts: 3

    Thanks for the info, i started from sratch with new relays and Tstats just to get the homeowner heat. the bolier is coming out in the spring. trying to use equipment that i still use later (save the home owner )
    Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.