Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Favorite Car

Options
2»

Comments

• John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Options
    Capri

'78 Black on Gold Mercury Capri, last of its kind built in Germany. Good lookin' car that kicked a**!
  • DaveGateway
    DaveGateway Member Posts: 568
    Options
    '72 Cutlass S

Not so muscly but oh so classy. The 442 was a fastback but the Cutlass S convertible with its hint at tail fins did it for me. Green with white interior.
  • Doug Murphy_3
    Doug Murphy_3 Member Posts: 15
    Options

You guys make me feel really young! I wasn't even born when most of these cars you're talking about came out.

Hehe!

Here comes the hate mail!

• DaveGateway
    DaveGateway Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Fast and Furious

Doug, Please don't tell me yours is a late 80's or early 90's Corolla with short fat tires and ugly aftermarket ground effects and spoiler. I've had lawn mowers that sounded better than those sewing machines.
  • Doug Murphy_3
    Doug Murphy_3 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Favorite Car!

Actually it was a 77' Buick Estate Wagon! With a stunning 8 miles to the gallon. Then my brother wrecked it. I never got to appreciate an "old favorite" as by the time I got my license in 1989 they were all classics and out of my price range. Oh well. Another loss for my generation.

p.s. you're right about the Corolla's being ugly. Spoiler in most cases is worth more than the car.

• Jerry Boulanger_2
    Jerry Boulanger_2 Member Posts: 111
    Options
    No Jag fans here?

Some of the most beautiful cars ever built. I've got a 1987 Series III XJ6 that turns heads wherever it goes.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Options
    Jags

My Uncle was a Colonel in the air force, he was on Pearl when it was attacked.

He had a E type that was dark green. I was about ten and it looked like the inside of a jet fighter to me. It was the coolest thing to go for a ride with him. I think it was a 12 cylinder.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • DaveC
    DaveC Member Posts: 201
    Options
    The taxi from the \"Little Rascals\"...

Free Wheelin' episode - I could use that boxing glove / accordian do-hicky on the next ticket pusher, since being cordial hasn't helped me get out of anything!
  • Bill_24
    Bill_24 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    1970 Chevy Monte Carlo

Factory 300 h.p. 350, stratolounger seats, floor console, t.h. 400 automatic with posi. I even got the optional fender skirts. Gotta weigh about 2 tons but boy she will sure get up and boogy.
  • joel_4
    joel_4 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    ohhhhh yessssss!!!!

"The greatest crumpet collector known to man" jag e-type of course. A client of mine has a burgundy over biscut series one , it's sex on wheels .His dad bought it brand new in 63 or 64. Always loved the XJ6 sedan and lately I've been jonesing for an XJS ireally like the 80s models with the sugar scoop rear window, love the car from the rear but the later cars had aside profile in the b and c pillar that looked better, tough call on that one. I'd get one but I'm really researching the Ferrari 412i of the same period. More money now but LOTS more money later!
  • joel_4
    Options
    Buicks!!

I had a 76 century custom that was a 2 door with a real buick v8 not that crappy motor from Chevy they put in later. I fixed it all up in high school basically it was a regal with a sportier nose like a Cutlas Burgundy metalic with a red and white interior wish I kept it!
  • joel_4
    Options
    Young?

Hey i wasn't born till 69 that makes me 29ish... You don't have to be old to love the cars these guys are talking about. these are the classics!! A 57 Chevy, an E-type etc these cars where classics the day they where built!! People knew it even then. So when where you born 80s??? There are classics from that time period as well that where classics the moment they rolled off the line. Lets see... Buick Grand National (last great Buick) The twin turbo Anniversary Transam (Buick GNX Motor) The ZR1 Corvette, My 280ZX Turbo, Porsche 930 turbo, 78 Bandit T/A, JagXJS esp the v-12 cars, BMW M6 and 635csi, BMW M3 esp e46 chassis. Nissan 300zx twinturbo esp Stillen modded. Pretty much any Ferrari, 81 -83 lotus Esprit Turbo, Porsche 944 esp Turbo cars and 944s. The best part is all of these cars are VERY affordable right now so if these are cars of your youth go get one!!. heck I'm young enough to remember when you could buy decent big block Chevells for like 2500$ try 25,000$ now. I passed on an otherwise straight correct 65 goat for 3200 cause the drivers door was dented.... sigh.
  • David Woycio
    David Woycio Member Posts: 107
    Options
    72 olds

• David Woycio
    David Woycio Member Posts: 107
    Options
    72 olds

Just went on an appointment with the rag top.
  • Paul Mitchell_2
    Paul Mitchell_2 Member Posts: 184
    Options
    1973 Cougar XR-7 WITH A 351 Cleveland

My first car. White on white with a white leather interior....wonder where she is now
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    Options
    favorite car

69 rambler american with the 440cid engine ugly as sin but noone would steal it had factory a/c that came in a box in the trunk when new had to be installed at dealer ship

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • EJW
    EJW Member Posts: 321
    Options
    GT350H

Alot of them came back with different power also. People would rent them for the weekend and swipe the H.O. 289, replacing it with something else!!!
  • john wood_3
    john wood_3 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Triumph!

1959 TR-3 with overdrive.
  • Jimmy Gillies
    Jimmy Gillies Member Posts: 250
    Options
    Car

I love my VW Golf TDI, I'm not sure if it's made in Germany or not? It sticks to the road like glue and you can easy get 100mph + on the motorway, you can feel the power when that turbo kicks in! Under the bonnet it looks so clean and tidy, you could eat your lunch on it.
    Regards
    Jimmy Gillies Scotland.
  • InsideOilDave
    InsideOilDave Member Posts: 24
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I love the 4 doors!

As I get older my taste is evolving away from the pack, which fortunately makes my car choices less expensive.

My most recent ride is a 65 4 door Bel Air. I replaced the 283 engine and 2 speed powerglide with a Chevy Performance crate engine rated at 330hp and 380 ft-lbs of torque. I converted the car from automatic to manual and added a Borg Warner Super T-10 from a 76 Corvette. I kept the bench seat and kept the single exhaust, which I upgraded from 1 7/8 pipe to 2 1/2 on each side, leading to 3 inch to an OEM muffler. I then removed the chrome valve covers and painted the engine Catepillar Biege (including the Edelbrock manifold) just to keep everyone guessing.

The car has also received power front disc brakes and a larger front anti-sway bar so it handles and stops well too.

It's a sleeper! It's quiet but breaths well and packs a punch! It shares daily driving duty with my 67 LeMans (same drivetrain) shown in the picture.

Lastly, if you like car shows, I run a website for car enthusiast that helps you find car shows, speed shops, parts (see resources page) and car clubs. Please check it out:

www.RubberHitsTheRoad.INFO

Anyone can post a show or a resource for free. If you think others would benefit from it, please spread the word. The more that participate, the better for all of us. We're all in this together!

Most of our geographical resources are in the northeast with some in FL & GA, but we plan to cover the whole US. If you are from an uncovered state, please put the site to use for you area.