Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot water baseboard heat

Options
kenshel
kenshel Member Posts: 8
edited February 2017 in Radiant Heating
My daughter recently bought a house that was vacant for some time and the baseboard heat has some damage. Most of the baseboard is the normal slant fin type however in the entrance way and bathroom it has this type of radiator. This one is damaged and I wanted to try to replace it or repair if possible. I cant find anything like it on the internet. Does it have a specific name? Thanks.

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    Does it leak and if so where at?
  • kenshel
    Options
    Yes, on the tube with the fins right between the fins and the main assembly. The copper which looks like maybe 5/8 ths is split at both ends. if you zoom on the second picture you can see it.
  • kenshel
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sorry the first picture shows the split best. And its more like 3/8ths copper.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Why not just replace the entire heater?
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • kenshel
    Options
    That's what I would like to do. I cannot something similar to this. My original post was asking that.
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    I see the split now. When you shop you are looking for "hot water convector" or the words cabinet heater. It is not a baseboard. Those words may get you what you need.

Something with 2 tubes, fins about that size and the height of the cabinet makes a difference for heat output.
    kenshel
  • kenshel
    Options
    Thanks JUGHNE! that's what I needed to know. Now was able to search and found a couple that look very similar.