Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Energizing a pump during service

Options
Boon
Boon Member Posts: 260
edited October 2016 in THE MAIN WALL
Is there a way to energize a specific pump? with or without the boiler (KHN) firing? Seems reasonable that there would be a way to energize one or more pumps for service purposes. I'm thinking of an option on the LCD or a jumper on the main board that would energize a specific pump. I'm not seeing it.

I added a power cord to the pump for yesterday's work but I properly wired it back to the boiler when I was finished, and I'd rather not continue with that disconnect/connect/disconnect/connect back-n-forth while I'm tinkering (ie learning/watching how the system behaves under different pump settings).

I'm not using any controls, btw. Everything is connected to the boiler's controls.

DIY'er ... ripped out a perfectly good forced-air furnace and replaced it with hot water & radiators.

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,628
    Options
    I don't know about the KHN controls, but I'll be adding HOA switches to my pumps using these. When I get enough motivation saved up.

I used one to switch a Christmas light receptacle, on/off/photocell. Works great!

GordyBoon
  • keyote
    keyote Member Posts: 659
    Options
    boon another source is registering for lochinvar u theres about 20 videos for the boiler and free software for the boiler which im not sure if we have conxus is needed but maybe
  • delta T
    delta T Member Posts: 884
    Options
    Well assuming you have an outdoor sensor hooked up, you could run the system pump by changing its setting to WWSD (warm weather shut down) and adujusting the paramter to ensure it is warm enough out side to trigger the pump, not sure about how to do the dhw and the boiler pump though.