Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oiltech talk website seems to have disappeared.

Options
Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
Is it me or is something amiss??? I also can't reach Alan by e-mail???

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    He's working on it
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    "The gosh darn company that is responsible for domain names seems to be unreachable by email or phone. the domain name was due for registration renewal which I paid for weeks ago no money was ever drawn from my bank and I cannot get a response from the company I even got an email confirming they received my renewal yet the site went of the grid as of Saturday 06/27 including my email.

Getting this squared away while working 12 to 14 hours a day does not make things any easier either. Arrrggggg I'm going to reach out to the folks that I use for the server space and see if they can help me get it taken care of and back on line."
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options
    Thank you, Bob for passing that information along and thank you Steamhead, Mad Dog, Tim and everyone else who has reached out me via phone, text or FB. I really appreciate your concerns and friendships.

For now if you need to contact me you can send an email to amercurio1964@gmail.com

Blessings,
    Alan

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    I hear you it is not easy. I have been working on getting a website for 5 weeks and one thing after another seems to stop the forward progress.
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,971
    Options
    Alan.....you workin too hard, Boy....This is why you gave up your own business....its SUMMER bro.....Dont make me come up there and kidnap ya for an afternoon at Fosters!!!!!! Mad Dog
  • rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    I was wondering what was happening with the site. It angers me somewhat that people will go out and grab up any name that they can think of and then sell you the domain name if you want to use it. Capitalism I guess, but it still is wrong.
    I hope you get the bugs worked out Alan.
    Rick
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Options
    Tim,
    You can trust I’ll be keeping the construction of your website in prayer.

Mad Dog,
    You don’t have to twist my arm for an afternoon at Fosters! Cold beer, Good food and time with a Great Friend, it doesn’t get much better than that! B)

Rick, in this case it’s not that someone grabbed up the name it just appears the company that was managing the registry is nowhere to be found, possibly out of business with no one there to process the payment to renew the domain name. We could move it to a new registry but we need the transfer codes which are generated by the origin registrar for a transfer request. If they fail to respond to the request within 5 days, we can file a complaint with ICANN. Unfortunately even if we do that, ICANN is often slow to respond to disputes.

Until then there's not much we can do aside from begging for the transfer codes. Assuming we get them, we'll still need them to approve the transfer after that.

I may have to resort to renaming the website domain to oiltechtalk.net I don’t even want to know what the $$bill$$ is going to be once my IT folks get all this worked out for me. Both of us already have many hours into working on this.

• Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Options
    I'm very pleased to announce that OTT is back on line! Thank you all again for your comments and concerns expressed during this outage. thank you for your prayers and good thoughts that I'm sure played a roll in bringing it back online.

Blessings,
    Alan

• rick in Alaska
    rick in Alaska Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    Excellent! Good news. Now get some rest.
    Rick