Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

5 year old geothermal system water wil not shut off after heating cycle

I just discovered the water runs continuously after a heat cycle. if I turn geo off the water will turn off normally. when turned back on the water will ramp up normally in about 1 minute, then the geo fires up about 4 minutes later. BUT, when cycle is finished the geo shuts down normal, and the water continues to flow. My light bill last month was $400! I suspect the taco valve on the incoming water supply. Any suggestions?

Comments

• GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,682
    Yes seems like your Taco won't close, pull off the top-most wire and make sure it's not a control issue.

Gary
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    [email protected]
  • A.J.
    A.J. Member Posts: 257
    Sound like a control issue if the valve closes after you turn the power off. Try taking the wires off the valve and see if the valve closes . If it does you must be getting voltage from the board in the heat pump and the valve is good. Remember that the TACO valves are a slow closing type of valve so it will take awhile .
  • Gabriel@HBX
    Gabriel@HBX Member Posts: 9
    If you need assistance with a control I would be happy to help. HBX does offer a geothermal control and a zone module which can control when your equipment is on or off and for how long.
    Comfort
    Control
    Innovation