To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

How to loop 2 cast iron rads

jonny88jonny88 Posts: 823Member ✭✭✭
HI all.Customer lives in an old georgian house .House is 3 stories and is on one zone,a large gravity system.On the top floor there is a bathroom with a cast iron rad.In the bedroom 6 ft away is another cast iron rad.The bedroom radiator has a seperate feed and return coming from basement.At some stage the riser to this rad was disconnected.The bathroom rad works fine.Im assuming there was a leak or some issue with the bedroom rad.Heres my ?.Can i make a loop with the bathroom rad and bedroom rad.I was looking at systems etc on the site and can't find a drawing that shows the correct way as I am figuring air will be a problem.Thanks in advance for any input.
·

Comments

• icesailoricesailor Posts: 7,265Member ✭✭✭✭
    Loopy rads:

If you "Series Loop" two radiators together, the first radiator has to fill with hot water before the second radiator fills. Experience shows that the second radiator never works properly.
    ·
  • IronmanIronman Posts: 2,203Member ✭✭✭
    Still Gravity?

I agree with Ice that it probably won't work well, particularly if it's still gravity. If it's been converted to forced flow, you make it workable by adding a small circ on that riser, but the first rad will still heat up first.
    Bob Boan

You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    ·
  • jonny88jonny88 Posts: 823Member ✭✭✭
    thanks guys for your info

i am actually going to install a manifold and run a homerun to each rad. Thanks for the advice.
    ·