To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Mod/con poll. Installers only.
Good afternoon. I have finally crawled out from under my bed. The last mod/con post turned out to be a little bit more then I expected. I would like to propose a simple poll.
Setting: Customer with heat load of 125000 BTU. New York City(i.e. long heating season). Old house. Not much insulation. High temp baseboard. Needs new gas hot water boiler. Wants to know your opinion on cast iron boiler boilers vs. mod/con.
Do you tell him
1) No brainer. Go for the mod/con.
2) No brainer. Go for the cast iron boiler and use any extra money for other energy saving upgrades(insulation,outdoor reset etc.).
3) Tell him that its not black and white. Tell him all the pros and cons and let him decide.
Rules of the poll:
1. Poll is open only to installers(not homeowners,distributors, company reps etc).
2. The only answers allowed are 1, 2, or 3. No explanations or other dialogue allowed.
3. Please detail approximately how many RESIDENTIAL mod/cons you have installed and how long you have been installing them for.
0 · ·