To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

more needless deaths

Bob HarperBob Harper Posts: 700Member ✭✭

Sure wish there was a way to get better info. on such cases. I think the one recurring theme is you can NOT rely on buildings to have adequate protection. You MUST bring your own. Get a personal CO alarm and carry it with you everywhere.

• Jim DavisJim Davis Posts: 578Member
    stupid adults

When you read this story you have to see stupid, stupid and stupid.  Mother leaves her kids with two drunk adults. Why?  Why did one guy sleep in his truck? Too rowdy inside? I am guessing if this cabin had a CO alarm it would have been disabled because it was keeping them awake.

You have to feel sorry for the children but they may be better off.  It would be interesting to find out what the mother that left was doing, but that probably won't happen.

Educating the public is pretty hard because I am guessing 50% don't watch the news or read a newpaper and only listen to music stations on the radio.

Contractors at least have  the opportunity to educate and protect their customers but it is amazing how many are afraid to do that because they are afraid someone will get upset.
  • icesailoricesailor Posts: 7,265Member ✭✭✭✭
    Propane Deaths:

The unvented propane gas heater was probably a gas range/stove, turned on by the mother, before she left to keep everyone warm in the morning. There probably isn't a legitimate space heater in the Cabin, they just used the stove in the Spring & Fall. It doesn't look like a winter cabin. Maybe had a wood stove and no fire to keep the place warm after a night of partying. And no one to tend the fire.

Just speculating from experience.