To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

60deek60deek Posts: 3Member
I grew up in a steam household in PA. My dad seemed to have that system working like a finely tuned foward a few years and a girlfriend who has a huge old victorian single pipe steam system in northwestern NJ that can wake the dead! I'm no expert by any means, but I do know that it's a mess....water coming out of several vents...gurgling radiators...lots of banging. The boiler seems good enough....I'm guessing it's less than 20 yrs old...wiel/ mcclain gold....I'm thinking the whole system needs to be re-worked. I'll post pictures of the piping at the furnace later. What I really need is a contractor who is experienced with this type of system in the northwestern nj....eastern pa area who could take a look and give us an idea of what we're looking at. a few things....the area has really hard water, I know a few of the rads need to be shimmed, but are super heavy...probably oversized for a few rooms.....besides the house being old, no insulation, and not the best windows (storms on most) I still think she's paying more for heating than she should be. So if you're a plumber in the area who works with steam or know of a good one....drop me a note!...Thanks

Joe T