To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Dave

DaveDave Posts: 35Member
I came across a Trane cast iron boiler which appears to be a re-brand of an Italian Ferroli boiler. All the controls are EuroHoneywell. The gas supply line is gasketed going into the gas valve. It is my understanding Trane no longer sells these boilers. I contacted Ferroli in Italy and they stated they do not have a USA distributor. I asked Trane if they kept parts locally and they stated that they do not.

It is a sad day when a customer has to replace the boiler because there is no parts available in a crisis situation.

I am still trying to find some components to have on hand when this unit fails.

We have a responsibility as ethical contractors not to sell products which are not supported locally. I suspect that the contractor who sold this boiler never considered this possibility.
In a world of compromise , some men don't !
· ·

Comments

• icesailoricesailor Posts: 7,265Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sales Reps:

I'm sure that some sales rep vigorously denied any questions of parts availability and profoundly promoted the excellent qualities of whatever that equipment is.

Now, unavailable as far as parts and support.
    · ·
  • Tim McElwainTim McElwain Posts: 3,236Member ✭✭✭
    Send some pictures

of controls I may be able to help you.
    · ·
  • TimcoTimco Posts: 2,746Member ✭✭✭
    used?

May be used or customer supplied? Bought from Amazon or some rail damaged boiler supply or craigslist ad?

I see that all the time, and pass on most.
    Working on steam and hot-water systems isn't rocket science....it's actually much harder.
    · ·