To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Caleffi hand pump question

solradmansolradman Posts: 29Member
Has anyone found an adapter that will allow a standard garden hose to be connected to the outlet side of the pump?
JPG
JPG
P1020682.JPG
0B
·

Comments

• hot rodhot rod Posts: 4,088Member ✭✭✭✭
    solder up

one of the metric hose adapters to a male garden hose adapter. Or send my a mailing address and I'll send you a few.

The metric hose connection is the same pitch, just a shallow thread. Sometimes if you double up the washers and a regular hose will seal.
    png
    png
    Screen shot 2014-03-03 at 5.32.07 PM.png
    0B
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
    ·
  • kcoppkcopp Posts: 1,747Member ✭✭✭
    So there is....

a difference! I have asked several supply houses and they look at me like I am nuts. I tried the double hose washers....not so great. Big mess w/ the tyfocor.
    ·
  • kcoppkcopp Posts: 1,747Member ✭✭✭
    Are these adapters still around? I would love to get my hands on a couple...
    ·
  • MikeMike Posts: 31Member ✭✭
    My hand pump came in last week and used it today, it worked good. I found a 1/2" x 3/4 pvc female adapter, screw it on with some pipe dope, had no issues with it leaking. It's not real elegant and wouldn't mine seeing the adapter for the hand pump.
    going to add a drain at the out let. Be nice to drain out the fluid before taking it off.
    IMG_1045 (00000002).JPG
    1280 x 960 - 597K
    ·
  • hot rodhot rod Posts: 4,088Member ✭✭✭✭
    A few options

I'll send you these BHT (british hose thread) to US hose tread adapters that I assembled

Or I have a bunch of the barbed BHT adapters to build your own hose or adapter.

I use regular 3/4 rubber hose with 3/4 pex crimp rings, or the Viega style pex, stainless crimp collars work also. I avoid stainless hose washers on the end, too bulky and sharp.

Regular washer hoses are a bit too small ID for these BHT fittings to go into.

You could build a hose with BHT on one end and US hose thread on the other.

Let me know I have plenty adapters, or I could sweat together some of the transition adapters.

Actually, the BHT works pretty well. the fitting has a ridge that captivates the washer on the breaks. No more lost washers.

hotrodradiant@me.com if the PM function doesn't work
    Screen Shot 2015-08-04 at 9.40.04 AM.png
    484 x 582 - 544K
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
    ·