Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Caleffi hand pump question

solradman
solradman Member Posts: 58
Has anyone found an adapter that will allow a standard garden hose to be connected to the outlet side of the pump?

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    solder up

one of the metric hose adapters to a male garden hose adapter. Or send my a mailing address and I'll send you a few.

The metric hose connection is the same pitch, just a shallow thread. Sometimes if you double up the washers and a regular hose will seal.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    So there is....

a difference! I have asked several supply houses and they look at me like I am nuts. I tried the double hose washers....not so great. Big mess w/ the tyfocor.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    Are these adapters still around? I would love to get my hands on a couple...
  • MikeJ
    MikeJ Member Posts: 103
    My hand pump came in last week and used it today, it worked good. I found a 1/2" x 3/4 pvc female adapter, screw it on with some pipe dope, had no issues with it leaking. It's not real elegant and wouldn't mine seeing the adapter for the hand pump.
    going to add a drain at the out let. Be nice to drain out the fluid before taking it off.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    A few options

I'll send you these BHT (british hose thread) to US hose tread adapters that I assembled

Or I have a bunch of the barbed BHT adapters to build your own hose or adapter.

I use regular 3/4 rubber hose with 3/4 pex crimp rings, or the Viega style pex, stainless crimp collars work also. I avoid stainless hose washers on the end, too bulky and sharp.

Regular washer hoses are a bit too small ID for these BHT fittings to go into.

You could build a hose with BHT on one end and US hose thread on the other.

Let me know I have plenty adapters, or I could sweat together some of the transition adapters.

Actually, the BHT works pretty well. the fitting has a ridge that captivates the washer on the breaks. No more lost washers.

hotrodradiant@me.com if the PM function doesn't work
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream